Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Screen freezes every few seconds

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iponu

iponu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

Been having this problem for 2 months now any I want to pull out my hair. Whenever I play a game, the screen freezes for a split second every 5 seconds or so. I've tried everything

Specs.. specs: gtx 980 evga sc acx 2.0, 16gb ddr4, intel i7-5820k, msi x99s gaming 7 corsiar 1000w psu, win 10

The only thing I can image being a problem is. While watching my cpu on HWMonitor, every few seconds the Voltage VID goes from .738V then to 1.022V. Then my GPU Voltage VIN0 is usually at .843V

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

GPU Voltage allow the clock speed of the GPU to be dynamically changed this allows the GPU to meet the instantaneous performance needs of the operation being performed, while minimizing power draw and heat generation.  Setting Power management mode from "Adaptive" to "Maximum Performance" can improve performance in certain applications when the GPU is throttling the clock speeds incorrectly.  To change this setting, with your mouse, right-click over the Windows desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage 3D settings" from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance".  Click over the "Apply" button at the bottom of the panel to apply the changes.

Install latest graphic card driver you can download the latest driver from graphic card manufacturer website. If latest graphic card driver already installed the this driver could be buggy install the previous version of graphic card driver.

Posted Image

#3 iponu

iponu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:25 AM

Unfortunately this didn't fix it.

GPU Voltage allow the clock speed of the GPU to be dynamically changed this allows the GPU to meet the instantaneous performance needs of the operation being performed, while minimizing power draw and heat generation.  Setting Power management mode from "Adaptive" to "Maximum Performance" can improve performance in certain applications when the GPU is throttling the clock speeds incorrectly.  To change this setting, with your mouse, right-click over the Windows desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage 3D settings" from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance".  Click over the "Apply" button at the bottom of the panel to apply the changes.

Install latest graphic card driver you can download the latest driver from graphic card manufacturer website. If latest graphic card driver already installed the this driver could be buggy install the previous version of graphic card driver.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:15 PM

Run a  graphic card stability test follow the instructions at below website.

FurMark Video Stress Test

http://www.carrona.org/furmark.html

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users