Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitlocker Recovery Key

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kazic2020

kazic2020

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Excuse me if I posted this in the wrong forum. but here is my issue.

We have bitlocker set up and every time we restart the computers, we are asked for the recovery key. Now we have the recovery key and get into windows fine. but how do we stop this from happening everytime we start the computer. We have suspended bitlocker then restarted. and restarted again to see if the situation corrects itself. Of course it does not.  Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do. Oh and it is on a domain.

Thanks for all the help and future suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:26 AM

Turn off the Bitlocker this should resolve the issue.

Posted Image

#3 kazic2020

kazic2020
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

well yes of course it does. but we need to have bitlocker on. Was hoping maybe someone knew a fix for it.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:43 AM

Try this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 kazic2020

kazic2020
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

tried that. only works for 1 time reboot then bitlocker is turned back and and same thing happens all over again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users