Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Malwarebytes quarantine, half of my hard drive's partitions are "failed"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teenslayer

teenslayer

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hello,

I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware software last week and after quarantine of everything the program found, the computer restarted. The computer would not reboot to Windows after it restarted, but I went into Boot menu and got it to boot from my SSD where the OS is stored. Once Windows started, I realized that there are many programs on my desktop with missing icons and the culprit is the partition where the programs are installed are completely gone from my explorer browser. 

Looking at disk manager, i also see that these partitions are "failed" and my dynamic volumes are "missing" (see attached image).

I lost a whole partition of documents and photos as well as half my program files. Would I still be able to recover these files? 

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 24 June 2016 - 10:57 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

Could you post the malwarebytes log please? We need to know what was quarantined.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 teenslayer

teenslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

Here's two versions of the log I have - should be the same information.

FYI. I've also tried restoring all the quarantined items, but it didn't fix the partitions.

Attached Files

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:53 AM

I have used Malwarebytes for some time.  Have you already tried to un-quarantine, to restore to former places, anything and everything found in MB's quarantine bucket?  Let's get your stuff totally back online, then a backup, then perhaps a custom Malwarebytes scan might be better.   [Thread starter and I posted at same time.]

You might have to enlist the services of MiniTool Power Data Recovery/Partition Recovery - on a usb or dvd boot.  The less you use Windows Prime, the better off you are for right now.

Edited by RolandJS, 24 June 2016 - 09:56 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 teenslayer

teenslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:57 AM

I have tried to unquarantine - but nothing changed. 

I am currently running PartitionGuru to see if I can find lost partitions - it has found one partition (fully intact) that is not showing up in my explorer browser, but the other 2 partitions I had are not showing up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users