Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DOCX files open in picture viewer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ArcticPrince

ArcticPrince

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:39 AM

I can only open DOCX files by 1st opening word.  If I just click on the file or choose "open with", Word opens but with pictures. The file that opens is NOT the file that had been chosen. The file that opens is all of the pictures or scans that are in that folder. If there are no pictures in that folder, then I get a message that no picture files are found and do I want to open the picture editor?

Somehow DOCX has become associated with picture editor in Word.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

You'll need to set the default application for the various files. Right click the file or files and select "Open with..." and check the box for "Always use this program"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users