Trying to figure out what is happening on this Dell Tablet Model # P20T
It is running Windows 8.1 and it is patched and updated.
Every time Chrome is opened and more than 1 or 2 tabs are opened, I get a This webpage is not available along with the infamous DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet message.
I tried to do some basic Google searching, looking for some obvious fixes and so far nothing is working.
I've tested the tablet on three different wireless networks and I get the same issue every time.
I also want to mention that I've tested the two other popular browsers on this tablet - Internet Explorer and Firefox - and both of them are working correctly. I've opened at least 6 - 8 tabs with various webpages on both of these browsers (ESPN, Yahoo, MSN, Bleeping, NewEgg, etc) and they both work fine.
After some Google searching, I realized that most websites appear to be copying & pasting content from other websites so that hasn't really been much help.
I also want to mention that the tablet does not appear to be demonstrating any type of behavior that would point to an infection - I know this doesn't rule it out - just wanted to offer up that the tablet is not running slow, there are no pop-ups in the browsers that do work and all the other apps are working fine.
My attempts to solve this issue so far have included this classic cmd trick (run as Administrator)
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- I also checked & attempted to Update any & all Drivers related to this - they were all up to date.
- I also changed the default DNS settings to the OPEN DNS settings: 22.214.171.124 but that did not work either.
- I also uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome - which wasn't easy & also tried to delete all of the Chrome traces but there was one folder that wouldn't let me delete it (and I can't remember what the error message was).
So there you go.
Not sure where to go from here and I would love to know what is causing this issue.