Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome issue DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet message

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:56 AM

Hello.

Trying to figure out what is happening on this Dell Tablet Model # P20T

It is running Windows 8.1 and it is patched and updated.

Issue:

Every time Chrome is opened and more than 1 or 2 tabs are opened, I get a This webpage is not available along with the infamous DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet message.

I tried to do some basic Google searching, looking for some obvious fixes and so far nothing is working.

I've tested the tablet on three different wireless networks and I get the same issue every time.

I also want to mention that I've tested the two other popular browsers on this tablet - Internet Explorer and Firefox - and both of them are working correctly. I've opened at least 6 - 8 tabs with various webpages on both of these browsers (ESPN, Yahoo, MSN, Bleeping, NewEgg, etc) and they both work fine.

After some Google searching, I realized that most websites appear to be copying & pasting content from other websites :lol: so that hasn't really been much help.

I also want to mention that the tablet does not appear to be demonstrating any type of behavior that would point to an infection - I know this doesn't rule it out - just wanted to offer up that the tablet is not running slow, there are no pop-ups in the browsers that do work and all the other apps are working fine.

My attempts to solve this issue so far have included this classic cmd trick (run as Administrator)

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

• I also checked & attempted to Update any & all Drivers related to this  -  they were all up to date.

• I also changed the default DNS settings to the OPEN DNS settings: 208.67.222.222   but that did not work either.

• I also uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome - which wasn't easy & also tried to delete all of the Chrome traces but there was one folder that wouldn't let me delete it (and I can't remember what the error message was).

So there you go.

Not sure where to go from here and I would love to know what is causing this issue.

Registry edit?

Corrupt entry?

Infected?

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:10 AM

This page might be helpful for you wiknix fix . Good luck
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

G'day Winterland, Try resetting Chrome, please.

RESET INSTRUCTIONS/Cleanup

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

This page might be helpful for you wiknix fix . Good luck

Morning LiamP5, thanks for the quick response, unfortunately, that link includes everything I've already tried, but I appreciate it.

G'day Winterland, Try resetting Chrome, please.

RESET INSTRUCTIONS/Cleanup

Condobloke, I'd say good morning, but it appears to close to 11:00 PM in your parts.  :)  Thanks for the link. Can't remember if I tried this or not, but will do so, just to cover my bases and will report back once it's completed.

Thanks again for the link and for checking in.

Winterland

#5 sweedishfish

sweedishfish

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

Its solid and works perfectly fine. 

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

My first guess is some kind of parental control or other firewall feature that is failing after a set amount of open DNS queries. Could only effect Chrome because it opens a separate processes for each tab and extensions. Try disabling all extensions to test. Also, tried safe mode with networking?

#7 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

Its solid and works perfectly fine. 

Good morning sweedishfish, thanks for the suggestion, but as I noted in my OP, I've tried this tablet on three different wireless networks and the issue remains. Even if I were to set my home router to use Google's DNS servers, what am I to do when I got to go out somewhere else? None the less, I appreciate you checking in.

My first guess is some kind of parental control or other firewall feature that is failing after a set amount of open DNS queries. Could only effect Chrome because it opens a separate processes for each tab and extensions. Try disabling all extensions to test. Also, tried safe mode with networking?

Morning Trikein, I thought about this as well, as there are quite a few extensions running on Chrome and I thought about disabling them, one by one, to see if this resolves the issue. Thanks for the reminder.

Hope to have an update on these attempts in a day or two.

Winterland

#8 mangiyo

mangiyo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

Very simply first you need to open Command prompt. and run below CMD.

Open cmd Using window + R 

Type CMD and hit enter.

Now you will see command prompt,

Just run ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.

Now just restart and enjoy, You can use many other supporting ways for better if above not working, Just visit How To Seeks for this error and get more.

Thanks

Edited by mangiyo, 13 May 2017 - 01:40 AM.

#9 miyug

miyug

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

There are many ways too fix this issue, I am suggesting you to run below commands.

Just press windows + R key and 

1. Now type cmd and hit enter
  2. then try below cmd
  • ipconfig /all
  • netsh winsock reset
  • ipconfig /renew
  • netsh int ip set dns
  • ipconfig /release
  • ipconfig /flushdns

Thanks, You can read more ways from this tutorial too.

#10 sciita

sciita

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

Hi, everyone.

Recently I have been facing this error on my Google Chrome "dns_probe_finished_no_internet". I tried all the methods provided in the link shared by @LiamP5. The first method seems to work but temporarily.

Then I followed the 2nd solution provided in https://wpvkp.com/dns_probe_finished_no_internet/ . It worked and then windows insider update came and again I am facing the same issue.

I discussed this issue with Microsoft but they my device drive is up to date, the problem is with Chrome and so use EGDE, WOW.

Please kindly help me.

My system configuration is:

Ram: 16GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia 930MX

Processor: Core i5 6th gen

Network Driver: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x

I have already tried reinstalling the Chrome, I tried to create new chrome profile, I cleared my dns cache, I have already reset my winsock. What else should I do?

#11 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Greetings sciita  & :welcome:  to the Forums.

My post here is almost a year old, so you'll probably best be served by creating a New Topic.

Winterland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users