Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W.I.A Driver ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:38 AM

Hi again.

Another "Please help" My Toshiba laptop has just stopped printing some documents.. The error message related to wanting (or failed - don't remember) a W.I.A Driver...

It seems to have stopped me printing PDF documents very suddenly. I will post a SPECCY first, and please ask for any others.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qmI1w7FJ4rDsG7VbdE80ZhG

Thanks for any ideas..

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

Just off the top of my head, first delete your printer drivers, then reinstall from the CD that came with the printer. If no joy, then delete and reinstall whatever pdf reader/editor you are running. One of those should reinstall the missing driver.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Hi ranchand_

Both or either idea should have worked, but so far no luck ..

I just installed Windows Tweaking AllinOne program, as I do need one document within 24 hours (if I can), or it will take 24 hours to reproduce it.

These are Passport documents (all legal), and I was able to print one of them but the other one just will not "come out". . PDF Reader was Adobe, and I was told that I already had the latest (Version 11.0.0) so it would not update. I have the original Cannon install CD, and I will repeat the process several times first.  :unsure:

One step short of being left behind on the dock as my wife sails off into the sunset. :guitar: .. Sorry, almost crying on keyboard, as these are very last moment documents to replace a "mix-up" .

Problem is I even went and got new ink, ran the usual test (all 100%), and I can even print other documents.

It looks like I will need to try and transfer to another computer and take to another printer if all else fails.

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear of your stress, maybe at this point save the file to a flash drive, and go to a commercial outfit like Kinkos (maybe FedEx bought them out?) and maybe they can print it. If you got these docs from the same source and one printed and the other didn't, try to contact the source; they may have sent you a corrupted file.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

Do you have a next door neighbour with internet access and a printer....if so, get his/her email address and email the document to him....and then use their printer to print it.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

Thanks both of you.

I ran Windows Repair all in one twice in safe mode, then uninstalled the printer after each session, then Reinstalled it "again" and it works... :woot:

There seems no logic behind it, but I do not ask Why, I only thank those involved.

Best Regards, and Thank You both of you again ..  :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users