Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random reboot/restart under load

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jinmtvt

jinmtvt

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

Hello allo! thanks all for this superb forum !!

I have been having a restart/reboot problem with my PC for some time now.

I originally attributed the problem to Skyrim game , since it used to only do it while playing this particular game.

Now i can get it to do it using winrar + furmark pretty easily ( within ~ 20 minutes.. once took only 2 minutes )

Computer is around 2 years old now.

I used to play BF3/4 for hours on without any problem in the first year.

I've tested a few things i could think of :

- monitored ( eye view ) voltages and temps using CPUID HWMONITOR   at idle and during tests

- no reported events ever on any of the restarts from the even viewer logs  (i only get a " unexpected shutdown wihtout proper blablabal )

- tried to overheat/stress GPU without any success in getting it to crash ( R290 ..i went up to ~ 75c which it never actually reaches during normal setup , by lowering fan speed and it never crashed )

I can only get it to reboot if i use both CPU and GPU loading at the same time

i've ran GPU test for hours on without any problem

haven't ran anything other than winrar on a very large file/folder as far as cpu is concerned

So now i do not know what else to test, would like very much to get some insight.

Ah yes, my PSU has been making some weird digital noise since day 1

i don't hear it that much anymore since i'm used to it

but it is on and off ... it seems to change with what i am doing on the computer

( 100% sure it comes from the PSU  ..i've isolated it by ear about a year ago )

probably unrelated neway

Here is quick component list of computer :

Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0

FX 9370

2x crucial pc3-10700

R9 290

PSU is a corsair HX850 i believe

samsung 840pro ssd ??

nothing is overclocked or ever was  ( not that i needed it neway )

the case is a full tower with alot of clean free space, filters and many fans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jinmtvt

jinmtvt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:15 AM

Also, it seems like it is getting more frequent.

Used to be after 1-2 hours of gameplay

now i can get it after only 10 minutes

i think .... damn random problems!! :P

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:47 PM

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 jinmtvt

jinmtvt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

Here it goes ...

HWmonitor temps look all fine idle and on load .. i've been monitoring the temps for quite some time now on and off

Just as added info.

i have NEVER had a single reboot when computer was idling

(  like checking web + mails, music etc.. nothing with a real workload )

Thanks for taking time to look into this :)

Attached Files

Edited by jinmtvt, 24 June 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.
Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.
I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.
If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.

Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:
- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.
- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).

And here's the analysis:

No current memory dumps in the uploaded reports.  The most recent one is from March - too old to be of use to us.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 2104) dates from 2013.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Only 1 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems have 250 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).
Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available (and didn't experience any errors).

This device doesn't have drivers installed in Device Manager:

Not Available    USB\VID_2433&PID_B111\CCV_1.0    The drivers for this device are not installed.

This device most likely belongs to a Asetek Antec CC device.  Please download/install the latest, W8.1 compatible drivers for it from the manufacturers support website

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen both dtsoftbus01.sys and dtscsibus.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration):  New link (15 Aug 2012):  http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link:  http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptd
Manual procedure here:  http://daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html
NOTE:  The uninstaller may not find the SPTD.sys driver.  Don't worry about it, just let us know in your post.
NOTE2:  The latest version has an SPTD2.sys driver - the uninstaller is on the same page as the SPTD.sys driver - just download the version for W10!

MSI Afterburner (along with EVGA Precision and Riva Tuner) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!
If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

As there aren't any memory dumps to work with, I'd have to suspect hardware.

Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If they don't find anything, then start with this procedure:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

XXXXX

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 jinmtvt

jinmtvt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

Hi John, well thank you for your time

i will definitely look into what you have suggested

i do also feel like it is a hardware related issue

and i understand your position for the os 

appreciated you still took time to suggest things

best regards!

Jin

#7 jinmtvt

jinmtvt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Just a quick question if i may ...

let's say a computer , not necessairly mine, but with similar situation; passes all "load tests" ( cpu and gpu stress tests and temps are within ok range )

what would be next to test do ??

Is there a way to really test a PSU ?

Motherboard could be pretty hard to test i guess

best regards

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

As you have asked for a response even though I said I won't respond - I am unsubscribing from this topic (so I won't be bothered by any further attempts to ask questions).

In case you do become legal after that, then you'll have to send me a Private Message to get me to look at your topic.
Should you use the Private Message to contact me again, without having become legal, I will report that to the Forum Staff - and I will block you from contacting me.

XXXXX

Edited by usasma, 27 June 2016 - 07:28 PM.

#9 jinmtvt

jinmtvt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:15 PM

Wow well that was not my point at all ...

don't worry i will not insist here

best wishes neway !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users