Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I accidentally transferred or imported from my computer to another computer.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zimzane

Zimzane

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

Hello,

I posted this in Chrome, but got limited answers and what they suggested did not work.. I'm hoping somebody here could help me with this issue as written below.

Before I clocked in to my job at work, I logged into my gmail to read my email. Something from chrome popped up and I clicked on this. Now my themes, extensions, and settings are on the computer at work. Once click and this has made a big mess. While I was on the computer at work, I deleted all my extensions hoping this would fix things, but it did not. When I got home from work all my extensions were gone from my computer at home.

How can I fix this issue? The computer at work is just a time clock for me and one other employee. I'm hoping I can fix this issue from my computer, but if not, I will have no choice but to fix the issue at work.

I also do not want to delete my profile in Chrome at work because I don't want to lose my email and personal stuff.

Please help. I don't know how to fix this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

See this page on stopping sync.

http://www.howtogeek.com/103655/how-to-delete-your-google-chrome-browser-sync-data/

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

"...I also do not want to delete my profile in Chrome at work because I don't want to lose my email and personal stuff..."

Here's one idea that has served me well several times.

If your office copy of your gmail and chrome settings are very close to the gmail and chrome settings at home:

At work, after making sure everything is what you want for chrome and gmail at home, download and install SafeScript. Do two saves, one via chrome://settings --> advanced sync settings  -->  save everything to Google chrome server.  SafeScript --> Sync settings TO Google Account.

At home, activate your Chrome, download and install SafeScript.  Within SafeScript -->  Sync settings FROM Google Account.  Once the goodies are back, the dust has settled, you can chrome://settings sync all you want.

If your home Chrome and gmail are back to their great normal, delete chrome at work, rebuild work chrome from scratch.

It will take a little time, I think that will be a good first two steps.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 June 2016 - 07:52 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

If the syncing ideas I posted earlier don't quite get it, there is another more geekier way, involving copying the two Google directories from source computer over to target computer.  After Google server has all your settings the way you want them, after the copying gets done, target computer's Google must be somewhat "coaxed" tweaked to accept the Google server's sync-saves.  The process does not look cool, does not act cool, but the process has worked for me several times, with only 1 or 2 retries and 1 or 2 more retries for the last 2 years.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 June 2016 - 09:22 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#5 Zimzane

Zimzane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

This worked I think and I did this from my computer. Thanks.

If the syncing ideas I posted earlier don't quite get it, there is another more geekier way, involving copying the two Google directories from source computer over to target computer.  After Google server has all your settings the way you want them, after the copying gets done, target computer's Google must be somewhat "coaxed" tweaked to accept the Google server's sync-saves.  The process does not look cool, does not act cool, but the process has worked for me several times, with only 1 or 2 retries and 1 or 2 more retries for the last 2 years.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users