Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loading Drivers

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert667

Herbert667

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

I deleted everything on my hard drive using a program called WipeDriveWizard.

Now I am about to install Windows 7 from my DVD.

During the installation ( Customs advanced ) I am asked to load drivers ( I assume my WipeDRiveWizard
eliminated them ) and scan.

There are three options :

Local disk
CD-drive
Boot X

The CD drive shows the following options:

Boot
Efi
Sources
Support
Upgrade

Now I have two particular questions :

1) Should the requested driver be on the Window 7 DVD and if yes where ?
2) If 1) negativ, Where can I get the appropiate driver from ?

I also have a DVD called Intel series Utility DVD.However all these drivers need to be installed
after the O/S is on.
Or is it possible that my driver in on this DVD ?

Thank you

Herbert667

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:41 PM

The load driver option is usually used if the install disk cannot detect your hard drive. If your hard drive is detected then install any necessary drivers after the install of Windows. 

Are you talking about this screen showing the load driver link.

288882d1381254820-install-windows-system

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 June 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#3 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

The load driver option is usually used if the install disk cannot detect your hard drive. If your hard drive is detected then install any necessary drivers after the install of Windows. 

Are you talking about this screen showing the load driver link.

288882d1381254820-install-windows-system

Hello,

no,I do not get what shows on your included screen shot.Only a message "Load drivers"

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

I never ran into that before. Can you post a screenshot using a camera or phone? This is a standard Windows 7 install disk?

#5 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

I never ran into that before. Can you post a screenshot using a camera or phone? This is a standard Windows 7 install disk?

Will do.Thanks

#6 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

Will do.Thanks

Hello,

here are the screen shots showing you what I get

Included are the screen shots showing what I get

Attached Files

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

Your problem is that Windows does not detect your hard drive. It is required that you load mass storage drivers before Windows can proceed further. 

What is the make and model of the computer? Do you have another computer available for downloading? There are a couple of ways to proceed. One is to format the drive with a bootable disk and then try the Windows install again. I would recommend Partition Wizard Bootable which should recognize your disk. Download the iso file of Partition Wizard. You can burn the iso on a Windows 7 or later computer by right clicking it and selecting Burn Disk Image. 

Boot Partition Wizard. Create a partition. Make sure you select Primary in the dropdown box and not logical. Mark it Active.Note: All steps in Partition Wizard are virtual and do not complete until Apply is clicked. This lets you back out of any step if you make a mistake.

Now boot the Windows install disk. Does it detect your drive. If not then we will have to hunt down the Mass Storage Drivers for your particular 

chipset.

Edit: If a custom build please provide the make and model of the motherboard. The Mass Storage Drivers may be on your Intel Utility disk but the files need to be placed on a USB flash drive during the install.

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 June 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#8 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

Your problem is that Windows does not detect your hard drive. It is required that you load mass storage drivers before Windows can proceed further. 

What is the make and model of the computer? Do you have another computer available for downloading? There are a couple of ways to proceed. One is to format the drive with a bootable disk and then try the Windows install again. I would recommend Partition Wizard Bootable which should recognize your disk. Download the iso file of Partition Wizard. You can burn the iso on a Windows 7 or later computer by right clicking it and selecting Burn Disk Image. 

Boot Partition Wizard. Create a partition. Make sure you select Primary in the dropdown box and not logical. Mark it Active.Note: All steps in Partition Wizard are virtual and do not complete until Apply is clicked. This lets you back out of any step if you make a mistake.

Now boot the Windows install disk. Does it detect your drive. If not then we will have to hunt down the Mass Storage Drivers for your particular 

chipset.

Edit: If a custom build please provide the make and model of the motherboard. The Mass Storage Drivers may be on your Intel Utility disk but the files need to be placed on a USB flash drive during the install.

Thank you again.This seems quite complicated ( I am a newbie when it comes to computers ) but I hope I can find the solution.Sure

I could bring the computer to a store and have it installed but I prefer to learn.

The model of my motherboard is : Ultra Durable GA-Z77X-UD5H

You claim Windows does not detect the hard drive but why is the Window 7 install working up to the Load Driver point ?

Like I said,you are dealing with a Newbie

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Windows works up to the Load Driver because everything is running off the DVD and RAM. It is then trying to detect your Hard Drive which it cannot find. Give me a bit. I will try to find your Mass Storage Drivers for your MB. Then it is just a matter or unzipping a file and placing the files on a USB flash drive attached to the computer before pressing the Load Drivers link.

Edit: Go here and download the following driver under the SATA RAID heading

Intel SATA Preinstall driver  

12.8.0.1016 0.43 MB 2013/11/26

(For AHCI / RAID Mode)
Note: Press F6 during Windows setup to read from floppy.

It is a self extracting exe file. Double click it and it will extract the contents to a folder path you specify. Open the extracted folder called 64bit (or 32bit depending on your OS)and copy all the files to a USB flash drive, not the folder with the files. Only have those files on the flash drive. Nothing else. Attach the flash drive. When you get to the screen that has the load drive link as shown in my image click it and your hard drive should now be detected. Press Next.

Note: Make sure your select your Windows 7 OS in the dropdown box, 32 bit or 64bit on the above page.

Edit: I noticed a Marvel driver also. You may want to place the files from the Marvel download on the USB too. It seems the MB has two controllers, Marvel and Intel.

Marvell Preinstall Driver

1.2.0.1020 0.42 MB 2012/10/04

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 June 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#10 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Windows works up to the Load Driver because everything is running off the DVD and RAM. It is then trying to detect your Hard Drive which it cannot find. Give me a bit. I will try to find your Mass Storage Drivers for your MB. Then it is just a matter or unzipping a file and placing the files on a USB flash drive attached to the computer before pressing the Load Drivers link.

Edit: Go here and download the following driver under the SATA RAID heading

Intel SATA Preinstall driver  

12.8.0.1016 0.43 MB 2013/11/26

(For AHCI / RAID Mode)

It is a self extracting exe file. Double click it and it will extract the contents to a folder path you specify. Open the extracted folder called 64bit (or 32bit depending on your OS)and copy all the files to a USB flash drive, not the folder with the files. Only have those files on the flash drive. Nothing else. Attach the flash drive. When you get to the screen that has the load drive link as shown in my image click it and your hard drive should now be detected. Press Next.

Note: Make sure your select your Windows 7 OS in the dropdown box, 32 bit or 64bit on the above page.

Edit: I noticed a Marvel driver also. You may want to place the files from the Marvel download on the USB too. It seems the MB has two controllers, Marvel and Intel.

Marvell Preinstall Driver

1.2.0.1020 0.42 MB 2012/10/04

Hello,

I do not have a USB flash drive and therefore I wonder if I could use an external hard drive.And

should that external hard drive be empty ?

Thanks again

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

Do you have a CD or DVD? You can use one of these also. For the external drive I would not bother to make it empty. Make sure you do not have any files on the root of the drive. Only have the driver files on the root of the external and see if that works. Place any files you now have on the root into a separate folder.

#12 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Do you have a CD or DVD? You can use one of these also. For the external drive I would not bother to make it empty. Make sure you do not have any files on the root of the drive. Only have the driver files on the root of the external and see if that works. Place any files you now have on the root into a separate folder.

Yes,I have a DVD and will try it tomorrow.

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:59 PM

Okay, sounds like a plan. As I previously posted you may want to also include your Marvel drivers. I will have to take a look at the manual but it seems you have two controllers for different SATA ports.

Edit: According to the specs you do have two controllers.

Chipset:

1. 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0/SATA3 1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
  2. 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2~5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
  3. 1 x mSATA connector
    * The SATA2 5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive.
  4. Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
    * When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.

2 x Marvell 88SE9172 chips:

1. 3 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3 6/7/8) supporting up to 3 SATA 6Gb/s devices
  2. 1 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector on the back panel supporting up to 1 SATA 6Gb/s device
  3. Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 June 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#14 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Yes,I have a DVD and will try it tomorrow.

Hello again,

I just tried your suggestion and got another error message ( see attached screen shot )

I tried to find an updated driver,without success.Can you suggest from where to get it ?

I appreciate your help

Attached Files

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

Is your Windows 7 32bit or 64bit? This is the error you received after pressing the Load Driver link? You placed the drivers on a DVD, correct. I am wondering why the path you show lists the C: drive for a driver location.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 June 2016 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users