Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help with safe-data.ru lock out please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ukpunkman

ukpunkman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

when i try to boot windows 7 pc i get Your PC is blocked. All the hard drives were encrypted. Browse www.safe-data.ru to get an access to your system and files. Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss !!! Please remember Your ID: , with its help your sign-on password will be generated. Enter password:

I know this is ransomware but cant seem to find a fix, i cant press f8 to goto safe mode as doesnt get as far as that the screen pops up straight away, any help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

An admin/mod will probably move this thread into the ransomeware forum, where several very thorough and very knowledgeable folks will assist you.  Do you have a usb or dvd boot available?  The team will need to know if and what you have so that they can tailor their opening advice.  And if you do have a usb or dvd boot -- wait for the advice from the BC team so that you do not accidentally make things worse.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 June 2016 - 07:39 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 ukpunkman

ukpunkman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

thank you i will see if it gets moved.i have a usb boot

#4 ukpunkman

ukpunkman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

if i put a new install of windows on, will this solve the boot problem?

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

safe-data.ru Ransomware is related to an older infection which modifies the Master Boot Record (MBR) of your computer and displays a message stating that your computer's hard drives were encrypted and unless you pay the ransom you will not be able to access your files. The infected hard drives are not actually encrypted...they are just not available until you enter a password. The infection typically will move the infected hard drives MBR to another location and install a new MBR that displays a message stating that the hard drives were encrypted. The message also states that you need to visit a certain web site to receive help or send an email with a code in order to buy a password.

There is more information and discussion in this BC News article: New infection ransoms your computer with fake encryption message(safe-data.ru).

There is also an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in one of the above topic discussions...they include experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections.

If you need individual assistance only with removing the malware infection, special tools are required which cannot be used in this forum. Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide. When you have done that, start a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users