Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DirectX Causing BSOD when going Fullscreen on YouTube

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 callit

callit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

I am at my wits end with this one, so I'm hoping some of you can help me out with this.  I had installed Rust on a computer that does not have the chops to handle it.  Ever since then, I've been getting these BSOD errors any time I go fullscreen in YouTube.  The only other thing I can think to do is reimage which I'm trying to avoid.

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bugcheck: 0xd1

Faulting Modules: dxgmms1.sys ntoskrnl.exe

Hardware:

Razer Edge Gaming Tablet

Intel Core i7-3517U @ 1.9GHz

8 GB

Video:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Windows 10 Version 1511

What I've tried:

SFC /scannow (no bad files found)

Uninstall nVidia drivers, reboot, reinstall - clean install, reboot

Malware Bytes scan (just to verify this isn't a malware problem)

I've been searching google a ton and can't find anything that is specifically relevant to my issue.  Any tips are greatly appreciated.  I've attached a copy of the most recent minidump.  Please let me know if you would like any other information.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:04 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

While waiting for a reply, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 bluebaron

bluebaron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:38 PM

I'm also having this issue.  As soon as I hit the 'f' key, boom.  Clearly you have two display adapters.  I only have this issue when I have my computer in my docking station, thus, the Intel adapter is being used.  This is also causing weird  issues when trying to play other flash videos like Facebook videos in full screen.  Almost every single flash video is a problem, but with YouTube, it's fatal.  With other sites, usually explorer crashes after a bit or I can alt+tab or esc and if I wait about a minute, I'll get control again; I then have to kill the browser process for stability.

@BSOD Kernel Dump Expert, can you tell me exactly what you want to see from the dump. The first link doesn't work but I ran the second one.  I can't send you all of this because I work for network security.
I will say, though, we both have NVidia primary adapters(NVidia Qudaro K1000M) and Intel® HD Graphics 4000.  I would bet this is an Intel driver issue.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

bluebaron - you are welcome to stay and watch this topic.  But I must ask that, if you want help for your issues, that you start your own topic and include the reports that I requested.

The first link doesn't work because the owner has left that particular hosting service.  I am waiting for him to reply back with a new address.

If you can't send me the information, then there's not much that I can do for you.

Good luck to you.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 bluebaron

bluebaron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

As soon as he gets that up again, I will run it.  Please let me know when that happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users