Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 will not load.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boomdig

boomdig

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Everything was working great and for no reason I can figure my Auzentech soundcard resorted back to it's defaults and running Windows trouble shoot that used to find any problems just keeps running and running. I select Playback Devices and no window opens up and from the start menu, clicking on the control panel or other options brings up nothing. I have uninstalled the drivers and all of its' components. Shut down and unplugged the computer and removed the sound card from its' slot. Restarted and loaded the latest driver package, restarted and reinstalled the sound card and I get some sound but still no window for playback devices or trying troubleshoot. Any ideas or suggestions guys? I am running Windows 10 all up to date. I can't figure it out. Yesterday I watched 2 movies and the surround sound was great and all the functions worked but today I have little or no functions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boomdig

boomdig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

Solved this one with a lot of time. I did a system restore for several times I know my system was working fine only to get a notice after waiting forever for the restores to complete it could not change a certain registry entry and would not change anything. As above I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, plugging and unplugging and nothing worked. Finally went to Cnet.com and downloaded a free uninstaller called Advanced Uninstaller. Went in and took out anything that might have to do with my Auzentech Creative X-Fi Prelude. The uninstaller removed all the registry keys as well as all the folders and files. Rebooted system and installed the last known released Auzentech program and drivers. I got about half of the control back. I went into the start menu and under Creative, clicked on the few choices it gave me. They came up as "shortcut not available" and would I like to remove it, which I did. After deleting all the Creative shortcuts installed the newest driver available. It is an SB X-Fi package that I happened to stumble on. After installing and restarting, everything was back to normal. I guess there were some corrupted entries in the registry or bad files and drivers. I did download Spotify the night before but didn't like it and uninstalled it. It's the only thing that was done in the last 24 hours. I will stick to my MP3 Rocket that has more selections and less info gathering programming. I am going to keep the uninstaller as it is very versatile and roots out left overs very well. Don't know if this could be a cure for those out there that lost their sound after installing Windows 10 but it helped me in my particular situation.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

#4 boomdig

boomdig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

It's a love/hate relationship hamluis. I like a challenge but the mishap almost always happens when I am not in the mood to play detective or have time to dedicate to solving the problem. This one above, with the sound card was particularly time consuming and challenging. It was a bit much for as long as it took to correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users