Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rehabbing & landscaping is my fun...still working on computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kidsmom656870

kidsmom656870

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:20 PM

Hey guys and girls...I've found a lot of things that I love to do & I discovered early on that a hammer or shovel fit my hand a lot better than a sewing needle. It's a good thing too. The first time I saw what was to become our first house... my famous last words were "you've got to be kidding me." It was an eight room 3 sty brick & almost a century old. We were there for 12 yrs. and I learned how to demo (Always the most fun). put up new stud walls. hang drywall & wall paper. paint. stain new woodwork and totally rebuild double hung windows. My all time hated thing to do was TUCKPOINT. Hubby  taught me how to do something and then he got up and went to work and I did too. I just didn't leave the house.  Little to no yard. The second house was a new kitchen & bath. That was when we discovered a passion for plants. He had 35 rose bushes and I had perennials. Twenty two yrs ago we moved out to the semi suburban/rural and I went back to school. We have a two acre yard here and I knew I could make a whole bunch of expensive landscaping mistakes. I was in hog heaven...I had 14 different planting areas. and then ...my hands started swelling and got so stiff my fingers couldn't bend. It's called rheumatoid arthritis. It used to be called crippling arthritis.  Ya know I never did learn to fly a plane when I was on the Enbrel or play golf . Celebrity users... made it sound like it was the answer to all the problems. It was for awhile. But I had to stop it when they found a small lesion of cancer in my lung. So that left me with 3/4 of my lung capacity. Now I'm back to the original meds for the RA. So for the last 6 yrs. my fingers and my toes are twisting. That makes for a lot of typos that slow me down. Soooo... I can be a fountain of information just not in computing. I'm happy to trade what I know for some of what you guys know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Welcome. :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users