Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop can't do anything without freezing.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CrushImages

CrushImages

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hello, I have been having this frustrating problem on my new hp laptop with Windows 10.

I can have no other programs running and the laptop gets slow really fast and stops running completely. It has never crashed and produced a blue screen, I have to manually shut off the power every time it does this.

Even opening a web browser is asking too much from it. I was working on a 1080p painting today when I lost it all when the pc decided to go to sleep mode and never recover from it. This is just insane, I just bought that laptop three months ago and used only only a fraction of the disk space.

I had to use my smart phone in order to get on here. Thanks guys!

Edited by CrushImages, 21 June 2016 - 06:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:54 AM

How new is this computer?  Is it still under warranty?  Is it still new enough to return it?

Did it come with Windows 10 on it?

Wait until it slows down again, then recover and Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 CrushImages

CrushImages
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

Hello! Before you got the chance to respond my brother went ahead and tried to reset the computer. It was going to reset with all files removed, then it hangs on the setup options and can't go past the region and timezone setup. I shut off the power and tried again, but again it just tries to load and doesn't go past the region setup screen.

It is three months old and is not under any warranty. It could be new enough to return it, but I don't have a receipt for it. 

#4 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

You must do a new clean installation. Now have nothing to lose if everything was as You told. There is nothing to improve. If also cannot do clean install or if it does not work well, you need to find out, what the problem is.
But one thing is sure, one computer cannot not never belong to several owners. Only one owner is possible, if You want that something works.

#5 CrushImages

CrushImages
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

You must do a new clean installation. Now have nothing to lose if everything was as You told. There is nothing to improve. If also cannot do clean install or if it does not work well, you need to find out, what the problem is.
But one thing is sure, one computer cannot not never belong to several owners. Only one owner is possible, if You want that something works.

Well, since we don't have a whole lot of money we have to share sometimes. I am going to need a new version of windows and a new hard drive, the hard drive could of went bad.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Maybe the store that you purchased it from will have a record of the purchase.

They can tell you what to do in order to return it (and also may be able to assist with repairs)

You can also contact HP - they can also tell you if the warranty is valid.

They can also tell you what to do in order to get it repaired.

If the hard drive went bad, then HP will replace it if it's under warranty.

Have you run the HP hardware diagnostics?  If no, then do that now by pressing "Esc" as the system first boots.  A menu will come up with the diagnostics listed on it.

You can download a fresh copy of Windows 10 to install from here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Use the link under "Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?"

This is not an HP installation - rather it's a plain Microsoft installation (it won't have the HP drivers/utilities - but you can get those at the HP website).

The links are for the US, yours may differ.

If you've been using the computer on the internet, then it's likely that it's already activated.

As such, when it asks for a product key, skip it and then next time tell it to do it later.

Once you get on the internet, it should automatically activate.

Edited by usasma, 23 June 2016 - 06:19 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users