Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:16 PM

when i run spyboy SD it shows on the bottom all theese different files (not paths) and they all look like they are spyware. and apperarently it only romoves serious threats. but i don't want ANY spyware on my computer, where is this spy ware located, or is it searching for those ones on my computer? and if they are on, how do i get rid of them?
thank you for your response(s)
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,848 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

Do you mean that when you are scanning with Spybot that you see things like coolweb etc. flashing by really fast at the bottom left of the screen? If so, this is simply telling you what it's looking for at that time. If it FINDS it, it will appear in the white window when the scanning is done.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 ussr1943

ussr1943
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

thank you for your reply, i am glad to hear they are just searching for those, otherwise i would be really p.o.ed
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,848 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

You're welcome.

And :thumbsup: to BC

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users