Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second monitor suddenly stopped displaying correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spants

spants

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

Hi All,

Turned my computer on Monday and one of my monitors stopped displaying correctly. Windows only reads it as "generic pnp" They are both Benq GW2760HS. I have had them about 6mos.

I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the latest drivers. Rolling back is not an option.

They are attached to my Nvidia Quadro 4000 with DVI to HDMI cables. I switched the bad one out with a DVI to VGA cable and it works. I thought it was the cable, however, when switch to the DVI/HDMI cable plugged into the working monitor I get the same faulty results.

Please help.

Intel Xeon E5645 (single for now) 
EVGA Classified SR-2 
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL 
Nvidia Quadro 4000 
SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128D/AM 2.5" 128GB SATA III 
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
CORSAIR (CMPSU-950TX) 950W ATX12V v2.3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

When was the last time you updated your video drivers?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:50 AM

Have you tried a different source (say a cable box or DVD/blu-ray player) connected to HDMI port on the monitor that stopped working? Since it sounds like in addition to trying the VGA port on the monitor, you also tried the DVI to HDMI cable from the monitor that was still working with the non-working monitor, it kind of sounds like it might be the HDMI port on the non-working monitor. Thus, testing with another source should test that theory.

Also, have you tried DVI to DVI with the non-working monitor? When I look up the monitor, it seems it also has a DVI port in addition to VGA and HDMI.

#4 spants

spants
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

That was it. Tried my laptop with the HDMI and no signal. Assuming it's the port on the monitor. Will try the display port to display port.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users