Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Projector screen does not retract

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lenton22

Lenton22

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:40 AM

Hello,

I have this issue with projector screen, it went all the way down and now is stuck and does not go back up. It is a simple pull-down screen. I tried to roll it back with hands, but it's not even moving. Any ideas for fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Odds are that it is broken and cannot be easily fixed.  It will probably be easier to replace.

Normally these have a spring loaded return there you quickly pull down and it will retract.  If the spring is sprung you will have to disassemble the housing to attempt to repair it and the spring may be damaged.

You can pick up a screen for about $100.  I have a motorized 120" screen that only costs $120.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users