Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound in video games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MoorishEmperor

MoorishEmperor

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

So, first off, let me inform anyone whom responds that I just went through a thorough malware cleaning with Satchfan(who did an excellent job btw). But I have no sound in (the grotesque game called) Need for Speed 2015(Origin) at first and then it occurred in Left 4 Dead 2(Steam), respectively, and I have NO CLUE how to fix it. I've called EA and they couldn't help me with NFS 2015 and I tried re-downloading LFD2. Someone please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

can you launch your game in windowed mode and open playback devices to see if any sound is atleast reaching that windows service? also what is your default playback device?

#3 MoorishEmperor

MoorishEmperor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

I have tried your first suggestion to no avail and my playback is the motherboard integrated sound device. I use no third-party sound programs. At once a long time ago I bought a sound blaster Z sound card, hated i then took it out, but that was months ago.

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

play back devices show no activity when the game is playing? what id recommend is updating the driver for your audio (right click start button go to device manager go open up audio inputs and outputs and if you want assistance finding the driver that is most recent post the objects (or screen shot if you are unsure) listed, in the mean time you may also want to try updating everything listed under audio inputs and outputs and rebooting to see if that has fixed it if not we can help update manually with the most up-to-date drives NON WINDOWS on the manufacturer site

#5 MoorishEmperor

MoorishEmperor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

OK, there's definitely something wrong with my playback drivers because I just updated the audio inputs & outputs and then rebooted and then checked on the playback and the PC is telling me that there's some issues with the HD audio playback device and my Turtle Beach Recon 320 headsets.

#6 MoorishEmperor

MoorishEmperor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

I fixed it myself!!! Thanks anyways TheTripleDeuce

#7 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

what was the issue? just curious :)

#8 MoorishEmperor

MoorishEmperor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

Believe it or not, The Microsoft fix feature did it for me. I really didn't have to do much except restart the PC. I'm so irritated that I waited this long for something so easy smh

#9 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

I been there before believe me, but happy its fixed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users