Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive detection issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Aperson

Aperson

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Hello guys.

I have a small issue with a drive being detected from within my PC that works from an external caddie.

For a few years i have had two drives inside my system. C drive and F drive. I recently removed both drives when i went off to India for a few weeks for security reasons. Today i find the F drive is not showing up. It is listed under "Show hidden hardware" in the profiles. I opened up the PC and swapped the ribbon cables around and rebooted. It started to install new hardware and stated it had installed it because i seen the name of the installed hardware (The F drive) yet it was still not listed in "My Computer" alongside the C drive. I then removed it an placed in in an external caddie and booted again. I got the same install message ( I had uninstalled the driver prior just in case) and it installed from the caddie and works.

I can not run it from there because i have two other drives that need to be listed for my Music Studio when it scans for files needed to open past and present work that uses files located on those drives my name. The issue can not be the cables as they both run C drive internally. 

I will try again later to install it from inside the PC as my main slave drive but it seems null. The issue may be software based or configuration based. But so far , i am mystified by this issue. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users