Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unruly mouse!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 confusedoldy

confusedoldy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

I have a Microsoft sculpt mobile mouse  and a Toshiba Satellite C50 laptop, Windows 8.1  The mouse 'sort of' double clicks when only pressed once, when I click for dropdown it doesn't hold down, and if I click,  say a card in game, I can't release it for a while. On the laptop, the F9,F10 and F11 keys for volume only work if pressed with FN key, although set to work independent of FN key.

I don't understand much about computers, turn on, sign in, surf net or play few Microsoft games but am usually very good at following good instructions, so if anyone can help, without technology terms I wont understand, I would be most grateful.   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Does the touch pad work properly?

Have you tried a different mouse?

One thing you could try would be to open the Device Manager

Press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.

In the menu that opens select Device Manager.

When the Device Manager open scroll down to Mice and other pointing device and double click on it.

Double click/tap on your mouse, then click/tap on the Driver tab, then click/tap on Uninstall

Restart the computer.  When the computer restarts a new driver will be installed.

Edited by dc3, 21 June 2016 - 10:19 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for your reply. I did the device manager, driver uninstall yesterday, nothing changed. I only thought about the touch pad today, tried it out on a card game and has the same problem as mouse, clicked for one card to turn over but two did, this did not happen as often as when using mouse though.
Noticed in device manager under human interface device (whatever that is?) that it has HID compliant consumer control device listed 5 times.
To make matters worse I am now noticing that I type but nothing shows on screen.
Before all this happened I was using windows 8.1 but changed to windows 10, that's when things went wrong so I changed back to 8.1 thinking everything would go back to normal

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

So you were back to Windows 8.1 when you posted this topic?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

yes I was.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Don't bother with the Human interface device.  You need to uninstall the Mice and other pointing devices driver and then restart the computer, leave the rest alone.

#7 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

Tried this already, didn't make any difference, nor did updating driver. Read somewhere about refreshing computer and still keeping files, photos etc but would lose anything installed by disc such as office, Norton etc Do you think this is a good idea and how would I go about it, please.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

minitoolbox_zps7byuwkla.png

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

#9 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

Sorry to be a pain but I have done the above and copied it, you want me to paste it here, cos it has details such as name of computer etc, (I live in a little village on a mountain, in North Wales UK, and we're a bit slow (or thick, whichever you prefer ha!)

#10 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

Arachibutyrophobia, just realised I cant paste the results here anyway so what now?

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

#12 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:35 PM

Thank you for your patience. Hope zip file is ok        Attached File  MiniToolBox by Farbar Version.zip   14.56KB   1 downloads

#13 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

Im not sure i can help but when i had issues like that i was usally because i switched a mouse from ps/2 to usb.  But Mr. DC3 knows what he is talking about.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Thank you for your patience. Hope zip file is ok        attachicon.gifMiniToolBox by Farbar Version.zip

Please understand, there are those of us who will not download anything to our computers unless the know exactly what it contains.  This is not meant as a slight, it's a rule I live with for good reason. :thumbup2:

Please post this in your topic.  Just highlight the text, copy it, then paste it in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 24 June 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#15 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:40 AM

I am losing the will to live, I understand your reply, I could be sending all manner of things in a file, my problem was that I copied the file then tried to paste it to topic and it wouldn't work so now I will try to send you the open file by way of the 'more reply options' you explained to me, and if that doesn't work then my laptop will be going out the window---life's too short ((especially at my age!) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users