Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Monitor Goes Off, Strange Pattern on Screen, Computer Reboot to Fix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ken7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

HI Everyone,

This happens about once every week or so.

1. Computer Monitor goes Black, then the "Enter Power Saver Mode" comes up on the screen.

2. Then the screen flashes this pattern (see Attached picture I took) this pattern goes on and off going black and then back to this pattern in a continuous loop every few seconds.

3. Once I reboot everything is normal, until it happens again.

4. I hooked up another Monitor and the same pattern continued, so I ruled out the monitor.

5. Re-set cables and connectors.

6. Cleaned out the inside of the computer.

7. Updated the Graphics Card Driver.

8. Strange that if I have music playing on the computer, the music continues to play through this. It seems that the computer is running, except for the fact that I lose all control.

9. I can't get the mouse or keyboard shortcuts to respond.

10. Hope I did this correctly, Attached are the files I think you need to look at.

OS - Windows 10
64 Bit

Thanks for your Help on this!

Attached Files

Edited by Ken7, 20 June 2016 - 06:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

The "power saver mode" thing is an indication that the video card isn't sending a signal to the monitor.

Yet, the crazy pattern shows up - so it seems like the video card crashed, then resets improperly.

Have you tried reseating the video card?

Checking to make sure that it's cooler is free of dust/hairballs?

That the cooler fan is working?

Have you monitored the temps of the card before it behaves like this?

The Admin event log shows lot's of NTFS errors blamed on I/O errors.

As such, please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Start with the Hard Drive diagnostics please.

Only a few BSOD's in the attached reports (but no memory dumps) - and lot's of Live Kernel Events.

I strongly suspect a hardware problem here, and think that the hardware diagnostics will help to identify which hardware component is to blame.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users