I have an HP Envy Touchsmart laptop model M7-J178CA and it works fine in stock form.
1) Windows disk management does not recognize the SSD, nor does the latest version of Samsung Magician.
2) I ordered a USB to SATA adapter (not here yet!) but I would have thought I could enable the SSD from the HDD Hardware Kit SATA cable / connector? I do know there can be problems enabling an SSD via an external HD USB case, so I did not try that.
3) I want to clone the Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD to the original HP 1TB hybrid drive, is it true you can't clone the Windows drive while in use?
4) I have a bunch of other PC's (some with Acronis True Image) and some external HD USB cases. Can I clone the Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD to the original HP 1TB hybrid drive, by putting the SSD in one external HD USB case and the original HP 1TB hybrid drive in another external HD USB case and use Acronis True Image?
5) Can Samsung Magician clone boot drives while the Windows drive while in use?
Edited by Chum3X, 20 June 2016 - 08:10 AM.