Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invisible Harddrive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jorsot

jorsot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

xp pro---
my second hd D: is working properly in hw profile on control panel.
But does not show up on screen or explorer. This has happened before
and the drive showed up one day. Now it's gone again, and I would like
to control this. Help---help---help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

If it just keeps popping in and out I would suspect an intermittent connection or possibly a badly seated IDE cable to the drive or motherboard. It is possible the drive might be getting ready to go kaput. Please make sure you have all of your important data backed u[. I would take the drive and install it in another computer as a slave drive and see if it can be accessed and if it can backup your date there.

#3 jorsot

jorsot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

Thanks a million for your help. This drive is a brand new 200G from west dig and I've only used about 6G. The problem is not as intermitten as I may have led. The reappearing may have been from a restore. I've read about tweak ui & downloaded it. Under the drive tree there is a red question mark as if it has a problem but the hardware profile says it's working properly.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

Is it showing up now?

By the way, do you have SP2 installed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users