Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network problems, windows service not started

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pyrotech45

pyrotech45

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

Greetings guys,

Once again I turn to the true pc pros my mom inlaw has a hp pavilion g7 laptop running windows 7 premium it is a like maybe 3yrs old and she has not had any real problems with it up until now.It all began with her unable to connect to the internet I went to  network settings and checked the status of her connection and found the profile had changed from home group to public access and it said she was connected but when you go to the network connections part it shows the mapped path with public access unknown network no internet access, So I went back to manage networks and removed the public access point and reset it to home group only just the one this solved her problem for a little while. Well now my wife was on her laptop last night, and again it would not connect to the internet on our home network it once again showed the public access not connected to internet I went back to manage my networks to put it back on homegroup only this time it did not show the public access point in the network I checked all of the network sharing points and was unable to locate the public access point but when you try to connect to internet it said unable to connect also the laptop began to just shutdown for no reason I restarted it  and started to correct the problem with the network and again shut down,the wife said it has been doing that to her a lot when she was using it and now it is saying windows service not started and to view a log of this problem to sign on with admins. account to view it I have admins access on my account sign in but it will not allow me to view the log due to service not running and not having admins access this is crazy it all started about 1 week back and now the laptop is basically unusable please advise

THANKS  Pyrotech45        

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

is there any restore points for a week ago?

#3 pyrotech45

pyrotech45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

none

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

do you have a windows 7 disc you can boot from to do a windows repair with?

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

Install latest wireless network card driver.

Connect the laptop with ethernet cable connection to see issue persist with cable connection.

Reset TCP/IP protocol suite with batch script i attach to my post run the ResetNetworkCompenents.bat as administrator.

Also reset Windows services to there default startup settings with batch script i attach to my post run the RestoreWindowsServices.bat as a administrator.

Attached File  ResetNetworkCompenents.bat   62.26KB   239 downloads

Attached File  RestoreWindowsServices.bat   34.79KB   281 downloads

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users