Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brexit whats your thoughts

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

This is mainly for all the English lads and ladetts, what do you think about brexit now that the vote is only days away.

We hear misinformation here in Australia so just wanted to hear from the horses mouth what is really happening in the UK.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 05 October 2016 - 05:48 PM.
Topic moved from General Chat to the Speakeasy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

You rascist thing you !  Don't you want the opinions of those of us from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ?

I will be voting to stay in.

Australia is not the only country getting large quantities of misinformation, you could probably fill a super tanker with the misinformation floating around in the UK and fly a fleet of balloons with the hot air available.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

LOL well we have boris on tv telling everyone is would be great but cameron now saying it would be a disaster.

#4 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 410 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

I voted in the previous referendum not to join the EEC. This was a free trade area, which has now turned into a "united states of europe"  I lost and we were in. I now am voting to get out. I have several reasons. 1 The accounts of the EU have not been signed off for over 20 years. Nobody seems to know where the money is. 2 I would rather be governed by the crooks in our parliament rather than the crooks in europe. 3 I am a xenophobe. 4 That does not apply to the commonwealth.

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:53 PM

Yes trade agreement hey!.

We have the Trans Pacific PartnerShip or as some call it TPP that will destroy jobs for australians and also a china free trade agreement which is estimated to give us 0.001% over the next 30 years LOL.

But it also allows the chinese to come and bring their own workers with their own saftey as well.

Typical liberals claim it a business success and the economy will boost jobs and growth (New 3 word slogan for us ozzies or as some say Jobsen Grothe) but everyone with half a brain can see its just allowing multi nationals to sue our government when things dont work out.

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 21 June 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#6 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:27 AM

Politicians exaggerating and unsing spin - whatever next!

Leaving the EU would cause much uncertainty.  Also, it seems the "Bremain" people have exaggerated less, though fear has been the biggest part of their campaign, but that's Cameron and Osborne for you.

I will be, (in 1-2 hours) voting to stay in.

#7 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:29 AM

We have voted to leave the EU.  This may mean the rise of Boris Johnson.

Asparagus for breakfast anyone?

#8 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,652 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

I'm eager to see the reaction from the EU itself. Will they turn inward for a little self reflection, and wonder if maybe they should conduct themselves differently in the future? Or will they just point fingers at everyone else and blame them instead?
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

The vote is done, England is leaving the EU.  David Cameron resigned this morning.  It will be interesting to see how the EU resolves this, it could take years.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,250 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

I guess Brit's are now going to need passports again to get into Europe.

Who else thinks Boris Johnson looks like Donald Trump.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#11 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,722 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

Personally I get a bit fed up with the continual mis-identificaton of England with the UK (United Kingdom)

The United Kingdom as a whole voted 52 % in favour of leaving

England voted, and I can only find regional figures, from 40% to 59% in favour of leaving,

Wales voted 52.5% in favour of leaving,

Northern Ireland voted 44% in favour of leaving,

Scotland voted 38% in favour of leaving

Gibralter - which I admit I didn't know had a vote - voted 4% in faour of leaving.  (source - BBC web-site)

It is all a bit ironic that two years ago one of the factors that swayed voters in the Scottish Independence referendum was the widely made claim that voting to stay in the Union was the only way to guarrantee continued membership of the EU for Scotland.

As for the similarity between Trump and Johnson, it had already been noted. And to add an international note, Donald Trump was in Scotland today - opening the refurbished Turnberry golf resort - and stated his belief that the referendum result 'was a great thing'. Still, what do I know ?  I have voted in four referendums and been on the losing side in three of them.

Further, it is a good thing that my wife forbids bricks in the house. Every time I see Johnson on TV I get this almost irresistable urge to throw a brick at it. I could say more, but then I would have to move this topic to the SpeakEasy !

Chris Cosgrove

#12 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

The social  and economic factors behind "brexit".  

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2016/jun/24/divided-britain-brexit-money-class-inequality-westminster

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

1ujcaumfxa5x.png

Thank you Reddit:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#14 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 410 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:43 AM

Only in the eyes of guardian readers. A notorious left wing paper.

#15 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,722 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

@ Animal #13  - Good one !

The tragedy of it is that no one, least of all the Leave camp, expected the result that we got - so nobody has any plans for what to do now. We are currently being governed by a bunch of headless chickens.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users