Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dymo Labelwriter 450 turbo no longer centers labels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

This is extremely annoying because I depend upon this machine to create labels for my Amazon business. I am using a Lenovo i5 desktop running Windows 10. I'm printing the labels with the above labelwriter. I am noticing that I do not see any options in the print screen off the Adobe file that sets up the printing to center the labels. Usually, each label (mine is 330252) defaults the centering process but now all my labels are printing to the extreme left margin and some of the data is cut off.

I had reinstalled the most recent drivers for the Dymo Labelwriter 450 turbo to no avail--I still get left sided printing that cuts off part of the data on the left margin and the labels don't center. I do not see any options in the printer queue for centering the labels. Very frustrated. Dymo isn't open today and I'll call them tomorrow but I was hoping to this order set up today

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

Second problem that is intermittant: I get an error message that printer wouldn't print because there are no pages to print. I am clicking on selected graphics and looking to print a specific label, one at a time. Looking in the print box, there are no pages noted. This wasn't the case in the past. When I had clicked on selected graphic, the unit had printed and I didn't get that error message. Now I can click on pages, and put in one, then click on the selected graphics box, the label shows in actual size. Now that everything cuts off to the left, I can switch to the fit option under Page Size and Handling and make sure the radio button for selected graphic is clicked, and sometimes the label prints fully but is not centered but sometimes i get this "there are no pages to print" message.  Don't know what is going on but this is very annoying. 

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

Obviously there are very few here with any experience of these devices, including me !  But a general first step with any printer problem is to fully uninstall the drivers and any other associated software and re-install - carefully !  It is one of the few areas where I always consult the manual first since printers are notorious for being set up in their own preferred install sequence.

What ?  Read a manual ?  I assure you, with printers I always read the manual, or at least the quick install guide.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:29 PM

That's the advice I had gotten from Dymo with detailed steps. I've just been so busy with a new exciting business that I haven't gotten around to that whole process but I will this week. It appears to be a driver problem and I suspect Dymo hasn't fully integrated the drivers for Windows 10 because the online installation doesn't make mention past Windows 8.1. The type of intermittent functionality and the fact that default label graphics code is usually automatically sent to the program so that you don't have to change borders (but all the labels print but cut off part of the bar code on the left) points to the drivers. I did see posts in Oct that the Windows 10 drivers weren't available then but this is late June. However, although this is the most popular heat transfer label printer for Amazon sellers, that doesn't mean the company is up-to-date, which would be unfortunate.

So I will follow their steps and if it still works incorrectly, I'll call them directly. Otherwise, I will have to keep using 30 up 8 1/2 x 11 Avery labels. I don't like doing that because I'm using an ink jet printer and the bar codes aren't as sharp. Also, the labels are much more expensive and if you have 80 labels in a job of 80 items, 20 labels are wasted with each job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users