Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to change font colors in Windows 10 web pages?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bertiemae

bertiemae

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

Somehow the fonts color on web pages has turned to green.  Even in my Word program and elsewhere.  I have tried everything that I can find on line and nothing seems to change it back to black.  Does anyone know how to change it from green to black?  Green is hard to see for me.  I have attached a screen shot just to show you just one of the things that are green and not black.  Thanks,  Alberta

Attached File  Capture 1.PNG   12.42KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Capture.PNG   2.9KB   0 downloads

Well it doesn't show up green here but does on the web pages and links

Edited by bertiemae, 19 June 2016 - 12:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

bertiemae,

Is it possible to snap a screen shot with a camera or smartphone and post that.  It would really make it easier to potentially determine what's up here.  Not being able to see what it is you're describing stymies me.

Have you done a shutdown/startup to see if it clears itself?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 bertiemae

bertiemae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

Yes I did reboot.  All the color of the words are green and not black.  This time I will just attach the file so maybe the color of the font stays green

Attached Files

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,976 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

Before we go any further, did you, by any chance, turn on drive encryption for your drive?

I know that Windows routinely uses blue instead of black for the lettering for files/folders on which you've turned on Windows file compression.  Green has been the color for encrypted files for some time now (see these DuckDuckGo search results).

I would be highly disinclined to switch the color back to black, even if it were possible, just because that vital piece of information is then lost.  You might be OK if you can choose something other than green, but I'd make it something that you can read but that makes it obvious that this is not likely a plain jane file, but an encrypted one.  I can find nothing obvious that would allow this change, but it is almost certainly controlled via the registry and someone may know a hack to allow you to change the displayed color of the text.  I do not.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

Am I missing something here? Everything looks fine in the pictures.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,976 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

Am I missing something here? Everything looks fine in the pictures.

It's hard to see because we're not talking about something like Kelly green here.  Take a look at the second photo posted paying particular attention to the word "Homegroup" at the bottom left.  That's about the best you can tell that the text is in dark green.

Given that the second photo is showing a File Explorer window, and all text (if you look carefully) appears to be that color, it instantly rang the "this drive has been encrypted" bells for me.  It's by intent that the font color is changed if a file/folder/drive is compressed or encrypted.  I imagine the color can probably be tweaked with a registry hack, but I have no idea what that is and don't care to dig for it.

#7 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

It may also be a monitor issue if the colors aren't showing in screen shots.  What type of monitor are you using?  Try disconnecting the monitor cable on both ends and reconnected to see if that solves your issue.  When you disconnect see if you notice any damaged pins on the connector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users