Edit: Does this computer have a DVD burner?
The link below will take you to the Microsoft website where you can download the Windows 8.1 ISO file. Click ot tap on the link.
Once the instructions are viewable read through the instruction, then click/tap on the Create media button. This will start the process to create the installation media. Follow the instructions.
If you are using a Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 to create the installation disc, use the instructions below to burn the ISO file to a DVD to create the installation disc.
How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.
Notice: This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.
1. Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
2. After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
3. When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
4. In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
5. In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
6. After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
If you have any questions I will be glad to provide you with answers.
Edited by dc3, 21 June 2016 - 12:57 PM.