Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7, BSOD while gaming or recording games with OBS

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 reqsar1

reqsar1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

Hello.

I am new to forum so i want to introduce myself. I am Mert, i am 24 years old and i live in Turkey. English is not my main tongue, so i might have problems to explain the situation clearly. Sorry about that.

I have been trying to search on forums and looking for a solution for my problem. I have read it might be a RAM problem from other posts, so i just checked my RAMs with Memtest86. It is said that my RAMs passed the tests. But i should mention, i did the test while both RAMs (4x2) were plugged in.

However, i still have the problem. In 15-20 minutes of recording or playing(FIFA16), pc freezes first, then BSOD comes out.

I followed the instructions as mentioned. 2 zip files are attached to the post.

I have also seen a speccy snapshot made by other users in other posts. So i also made mine. Here it is the link; http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g1I4zZnVmNBAJnJZnXZcPZl

· Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
· x64
· I made this pc by buying part by part. So there was no original OS. 
· I bought a Windows 7 and installed it.

· All the parts apart from GPU and PSU, is 5-6 years old. GPU and PSU are 2 years old.
· I have reinstalled Windows7 in this week with a clear format of the disk.

· CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
· Video Card: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
· MotherBoard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8P67 LE
· Power Supply - Cooler Master GX 750 Watt

· It is a Desktop PC

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reqsar1

reqsar1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

I have tried recording with OBS, BSOD came up again. But this time i managed to see the error code, it was 0x0000000124

D1s30E8.jpg?1

Edited by reqsar1, 19 June 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#3 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

There may be a compatibility issue with the driver that prevents cheating, unfortunately I can't remember the solution with the previous situation where this driver returned in. A few basic questions, have you tried to verify it and/or reinstall it? Code [View]
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#4 reqsar1

reqsar1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

If you ask me, if i reinstalled Windows or OBS, yes i did many times. But if you ask me that whether i reinstalled/verified that driver you mentioned, no i did not. I don't think the games i play (FIFA and Mount&Blade) has or uses that kind of driver. I also doubt that i have that driver in my pc.

Thanks in advance

Edited by reqsar1, 19 June 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#5 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

Try running your system in safe mode and install latest driver your graphic card when gpu does not get the good driver then the problem occur.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#6 reqsar1

reqsar1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

I had already made a clear installation of latest driver shared on Nvidia's website. But did it now again.

I also should mention that, i don't have any idea about overclocking but i realized something weird in BIOS settings. I saw my CPU works in turbo mode even in its default settings. My CPU has 3.4Ghz speed but with that turbo mode it has 3.8Ghz. I think that means overclocking if i am right. From what i have seen on forums, all the people asked for helped is suggested to stop overclocking. So i think i stopped that not intentional overclocking, and i am going to test it again.

Going to let you know soon.

EDIT: I realized one thing while monitoring temperatures. CPU core's temperatures are normal but on motherboard i guess something related with CPU is overheating. I don't know if this may cause BSOD.

This screenshot is taken while pc was at rest by the way.

Sb46Ix4.png

Edited by reqsar1, 19 June 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#7 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Try that once, but actually k processor are good means of overclocking cpu. Well from my opinion (Blue screen indicates a fault in
kernel space. OBS runs in user
space. Something in your
kernel is crashing, either from
a faulty driver or hardware.
Streaming in general stresses many parts of your system, just
because triggers a BSOD
doesn't mean it's the cause. Free to play MMOs often inject
kernel drivers as an attempt to
provide anti-cheat
functionality, it could be such a
driver is crashing your system
when OBS tries to access the game to stream it.)
Be happy, always try
for it

#8 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

EDIT: I realized one thing while monitoring temperatures. CPU core's temperatures are normal but on motherboard i guess something related with CPU is overheating. I don't know if this may cause BSOD.This screenshot is taken while pc was at rest by the way.Sb46Ix4.png

The screenshots that it has increase to high temp which mean that it overclocking voltage causes that problem, did you?
Be happy, always try
for it

#9 reqsar1

reqsar1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

The screenshots that it has increase to high temp which mean that it overclocking voltage causes that problem, did you?

Sorry, but i did not understand what you tell in your message.

#10 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

Overclocking cpu is overclocking voltage of computer.
Be happy, always try
for it

#11 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:22 AM

This page will be helpful for you. http://www.howtogeek.com/163452/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-blue-screen-of-death/
Be happy, always try
for it

#12 reqsar1

reqsar1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

Yes i understand that. But what should i do?

EDIT: I posted this message before i have seen your last one. Sorry.

Edited by reqsar1, 19 June 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

If you are overclocking, stop while we are testing.

89ºC is too hot for the motherboard.  Check to be sure that there is sufficient airflow to cool it.

If necessary, open the case up and point a house fan at the motherboard to keep the temps down.

High temperatures can cause BSOD's

Only 2 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

STOP 0x124 errors (the errors that you're having) are most often caused by hardware problems.  BUT, they can also be caused by incompatibilities, hardware problems, low-level drivers, or even malware.

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Then, if they all pass, try running Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 reqsar1

reqsar1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:36 AM

First GPU is working on default values, i did not overclock it. I did not overclock CPU as well, but i suppose it is being done automatically with something called "turbo mode". I cancelled it on BIOS mode, it is working with 3.4GHz speed again.

I started with harddrive diagnostics. First i ran GPU Stress Test on Full Screen 1920x1080 resolution with 8x Anti Aliasing. I ran it around 5 minutes, i had constant 16 fps. GPU temperature ended up with 68 C degree constant after 5 minutes.

Now i start testing Prime95, i will type the results as soon as i get them.

#15 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

Not a problem with the Turbo mode.  We can work with that, but it'll be a bit easier as you've disabled it in the BIOS.  Thank you.

I presume that the long/extended test passed when you ran the hard drive diagnostics?  Please let us know.

As for the GPU Stress Test, did the temperatures level off (stay at a constant 68ºC during the last part of the test)?  If not, please run the test until the temperatures either level off, or they exceed a safe range (if the GPU hits 90ºC, turn the system off immediately).

Edited by usasma, 21 June 2016 - 06:55 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users