Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

speakers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnyjohn

johnyjohn

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

Hi i use to be able to leave my head phones plugged in to my tower all the time and i could still hear music and  sounds out of the speakers now if the head phones are plugged in i get no sounds at all out of the speakers just to let you know been on holiday for two weeks so just started after being shut down for two weeks thanks if you can help. johnyjohn 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

Hello John. That are your computer hardware (model/brand) specifications, and the operating system used?

Edited by Zone_86, 19 June 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#3 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:00 AM

hi sorry HP workstation xw4600 1 terabyte 8 gig ram 64 bit 2 duo cpu 3.16 ghz windows 10 pro still got 902 free space all i have downloaded is avast premier malwarebytes premium ccleaner professional i have to go out now but will check when i get  back 2.30 pm british time thanks. johnyjohn

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:04 AM

@ Zone_86....look to the top of the page and you will se we are in Windows 10 support

@ johnyjohn........when headphones are plugged in, sound from the speakers is supposed to be muted......so by some quirk of win 10 yours remained unmuted.

How it happened to fix itself I have no idea.   Possibly it updated at shutdown when you went away, or updated when you switched back on at your return

Either way....its fixed !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the reply. johnyjohn

#6 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

@condo - yes I saw that but around 80 % of Windows 10 installs are actually in place upgrades from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 so there are a lot of sound issues all around the net (mostly older laptops). I thought I would ask anyway. I presume this issue is resolved. Good day to you both.

Edited by Zone_86, 19 June 2016 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users