To start, I need to give a bit of background information about how I've got things going. January of last year was when my Prebuilt Gaming Desktop came from CyberPowerPC. It came preinstalled with Win8.1 and a few useful programs installed for monitoring my temperatures, configuring audio settings, among other things. It was an unexpected transition from Windows 7, I'll tell you that. The flaws with Win8.1 were what lead me to stay up untill 4am on July 29th, or was it the 25th... to install Win10.
Anyways, after my full swipe through ImmersiveSettings and Control Panel, I came to love windows 10 just as I did Win7(Maybe I just hated Win8.1 a bunch, who knows). The only problem I had with Windows 10 in my first 11 months of using it was a bug with Adaptive colors refreshing my File Manager(Helped out a bunch of people on Microsoft forums with that one).
Well, that was until around two weeks ago. After taking a Cisco IT Essentials class at my highschool, I started to notice how awful of habits I have. I chose to start caring about my Windows 10 experience, and to me that meant clean installing Win10 and keeping my system away from anything that is unneeded and unwanted.
-No more laggy suffocating software/services that comes along with drivers.
-No more using an Admin account as my main account.
-No more Flash player
-No more Internet Explorer
-No more ActiveX Plugins that are apparently run without permissiom by default
-No more Virtual Machine services
-No more File Sharing/Network Sharing
-No more Remote Access
-No more DCOM/DCOM+ having Remote Access to me
I could go on, but that really isn't going to get me anywhere closer to closing up this post.
After taking a Cisco IT Essentials class at my highschool, I thought that this would be easy. Hah easy? WHAT WAS I THINKING!
After just the first clean install, I went about setting up everything all day on my admin account, and when I went to create my non-admim account, it put my computer into an infinite spinning circles loop.
I was also unable to enter advanced startup so I had to plug in my USB and used bcdedit legacybootmenu to enable the F8 Key in order to enter safe mode. From there I uninstalled the security update and that seemed to fix it. Untill a day later when I noticed all my user accounts were corrupt, event viewer has an endless supply of Warnings, Errors, and Information at about 10,000 per hour almost all of them were with the Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI, and I was forced to clean install again.
Clean install blah blah lookin good create an account and bam, spinning circles loop. All user accounts corrupted as well.
At the end if the week I figured out that this was caused by the fact that Windows update pushes out the Beta version of the nvidia drivers... and that was conflicting with the security update Windows also pushed sooo... rest in pepperoons my whole week
So now this is when I clean installed yet again, this time installing the Non-Beta NVidia drivers through their website which fixed my problem.
^^^This right here was about a week ago. Since then I have been pretty happy with windows, except for one Huuuuuge thing.
I'm still having issues with Microsoft-Windows-WMI along with a bunch of systems/services/files showing up as missing, and apps displaying errors.
Also, all the corrupt user account symptons seem to return while running my computer in safe mode, so I know something is up.
I think I have some nasty driver/firmware virus that is screwing with my computer. I see weird usb/audio/all sorts of devices listed as OEM##.sys or OEM##.inf in device manager.
I also think that it is somehow connecting to my computer over my network. Is that even possible? At one point I started to believe it may be a virus from my network printer.
HitmanPro also found a printer.dll file inside my spooler/driver folder (dont remember the exact info right now) that was the arabic version according to virustotal and the driver had some arabic text as the file description. The driver said it was signed by microsoft though and virustotal marked it safe, although I deleted it through hitmanpro.
Does anybody have any clue what may be happening to my computer, and where I should go from here. I'm afraid that eventually my user accounts will become corrupt again, because when I was in safe mode I noticed that. Also, I ran A full 6 hour Chkdsk /r /f on my whole drive and it found absolutely nothing. After just running that chkdsk /r /f , I shut down my computer and wrote up this post.
Edit:To avoid rebumping my post I'd just like to say that I'm willing to do whatever doesn't cost me money to get this fixed. Be it running a bunch of scans, installing/uninstalling/reenabling/disabling certain windows functions, clean installing, as long as it doesn't involve buying new hardware.
Edited by HoDANG, 19 June 2016 - 01:16 AM.