Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse shuttering Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dclemons2

dclemons2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

I've been experiencing this problem lately for the past two weeks. The mouse pointer shutters around the screen from time to time. (now becoming more frequently) Sometimes it'll freeze in one spot for a second before jumping across the other side of the screen, sometimes clicking and dragging items by itself or even double click and triple clicking itself. I use a wireless mouse and I thought maybe it was the mouse acting up, but I tried the mouse on a different computer and nothing, it works fine. Use that same mouse on my pc, the mouse pointer acts up. I used a different new mouse on my pc and the mouse pointer still shutters around. 

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

potentially a display adapter may be out of date, which os are you on? if windows 10 right click start button go to device manager, go to display adapter, rightclick on display adapter select update (or if you want the most up to date drivers post your display adapter info for us to get it for you)

if not windows 10 press and hold windows key on keyboard press R bring up run box type devmgmt.msc and click ok to bring up device manager

#3 dclemons2

dclemons2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

what does the display have to do with the mouse pointer? seems off to me. And I'm running windows 7. and the display adapter is up to date.

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:15 PM

by your description of the issue your having issues where the mouse pointer is not "Displaying" properly....

you could do a system restore back to when it wasn't having this issue as well as disable all items on start up (msconfig in winkey +r) and see if it happens after everything is disabled on start up

Edited by TheTripleDeuce, 18 June 2016 - 09:21 PM.

#5 dclemons2

dclemons2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

the mouse is displaying properly I can see it, the issue is, it keeps shuttering around (as in slowing down, popping, not following the movement of the mouse)

does anyone else know?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:59 PM

I would uninstall the mouse drivers, reboot and allow the drivers to reinstall.

Louis

#7 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

I would uninstall the mouse drivers, reboot and allow the drivers to reinstall.

Louis

wouldn't be that because

I used a different new mouse on my pc and the mouse pointer still shutters around

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

Using the same (possibly) corrupt drivers would produce the same result, IMO.

Replacing one mouse with another...does not mean that new drivers were installed, I've changed the mouse many times on a system without having to reinstall drivers.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users