Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My new computer is tourturing me with slowness....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SantiLola

SantiLola

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

My Dell computer that I bought from Best Buy not even six months ago with will freeze with out warning or reason. Can anyone help me or at least tell me why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

what OS? if it is windows 10(if its not windows 10 do winkey +r type msconfig) open up task manager disable everything at start up reboot and see if pc runs faster, if it does its a program you have installed slowing it down

if it still runs slow try doing a disk cleanup (winkey +e - right click on c: drive click properties click disk cleanup click cleanup system files check everything and click clean) also in the same area go to tools and do a disk optimization (only if you have a NON SSD drive)

if it is still slow after that take a look in event viewer and see if you have any warnings or errors or anything else and let us know

Edited by TheTripleDeuce, 18 June 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#3 Z123Killer

Z123Killer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Maybe you installed malware by mistake.

So, 1. Do a full scan with your antivirus  2. Do a full scan with Malwarebytes

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

it is possible you have malware id recommend running my suggestions first see how it performs if it is still slow

go here download and install malwarebytes update it go to scan click custom scan check all the boxes click scan and see if it comes back with anything

you could also try running Roguekiller from Here and scan with that I find that sometimes finds things that malware bytes may not find

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

The computer is only 6 months old. Check with Best Buy or and/or Dell whether or not you have a warranty on it to see if they will take care of the problems you are having

EDIT: The reason I bring that up now is because if you start doing things on the computer, you don't want to break any warranty you might have. 

Edited by cmptrgy, 18 June 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#6 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

The computer is only 6 months old. Check with Best Buy or and/or Dell whether or not you have a warranty on it to see if they will take care of the problems you are having

EDIT: The reason I bring that up now is because if you start doing things on the computer, you don't want to break any warranty you might have. 

warranties only cover hardware support and the only way to find out if it is indeed hardware is to perform the suggested tasks

the suggestions I made will in no way void your warranty so ignore that part

stores like best buy will charge money to do what I suggested for free lol

Edited by TheTripleDeuce, 18 June 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#7 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

@TheTripleDeuce you have made excellent recommendations and they are worth following up on.

It's true as you said, your suggestions will not void a warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users