Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista won't boot, Loops to Error recovery screen.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 th231

th231

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

Hello,

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. that gets as far as the Windows Loading Screen (with green bar) but restarts and goes to the error recovery screen. When this problem first started I was able to recover it using a restore point, but their are none shown. I was also able to use bootrec.exe to repair it, but now that doesn't work either. I'm able to boot into Recovery mode and startup repair is unable to fix any problems. I Have run the frst tool and have attached the log file to my post. Any Help is Greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   18.65KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 th231

th231
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:19 AM

Computer now displays the error message ntsf fatal error 1 reading boot.ini after dell logo screen. This happened after trying to boot into safe mode using f8. Safe mode hasn't been able to boot previously.

#3 th231

th231
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

Startup Repair starts every time that System Recovery is started, and is unable to repair the computer and gives the an log witch is below
. Also, the fatal error 1 may have caused by a USB stick being attached to the computer during boot, it hasn't came back sense I removed it.
Problem Signature
Problem Sig 01 External Media
Problem Sig 02 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem Sig 03 6
Problem Sig 04 1376274
Problem Sig 05 Norootcause
Problem Sig 06 Norootcause
Problem Sig 07 0
Problem Sig 08 1
Problem Sig 09 System restore
Problem Sig 10 0
OS Version 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1