I am using an old Inspiron 1720 that runs Vista. Yesterday I did a complete restore from factory disk in order to wipe out something that was screwing with my downloads. Well, it is persistent, to say the least. When I click on a downloadable link everything seems to work fine, that is in IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Once I try to click the downloaded link I see it say "Opening", but nothing actually happens. I can't install Adobe Flash, I can't install certain drivers I had to fish for, etc.
I tried turning off all security measures when downloading what I know to be safe downloads, still doesn't work. I have went through Firefox and changed some things that supposedly helped, nothing. I have not touched Chrome or IE, they are install fresh. For a little bit IE was the way to go for installs, such as Chrome and Firefox, but now the downloaded links don't work on there either.
I forgot to mention that going to my download folder and trying to activate the downloads doesn't work either.
Let me know what you need.
Edited by JustShawn, 18 June 2016 - 12:44 PM.