Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting strange - Help please

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 cbcac

cbcac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

So very sorry I am a little frustrated.  It WAS running really well for several days. 

So here is what I think is happening.  I do not have proper anti-virus right now (ESET is expired) and my 7-year-old plays webkins, national graphic games for kids, and some other kid games.  I wonder if that is junking it up because it is not properly protected.  They are online games not downloads but I think it is causing issues.  It was unresponsive again today after she played.  She told me a scary video came up of people scaring each other...OH NO! 

I would love to just renew Eset because it has worked so well for me in the past.  The problem is I need to put something on this computer and my son's new laptop and at this point in life with a 7 and 9 year old it must have parental controls that work.  I just don't know enough to know if that is one program or two.  An anti-virus and a parental control program or just one that does both.  I don't want to pay to renew and then find I need to remove that program and install another.  I need it to be easy to use like ESET and not hog resources like ESET but also do parental controls really well.  I am not sure what source to trust to research this program.  I know you already said you don't know and I totally understand.  I just wanted to answer you honestly about what I think is happening.   

So now I feel like I need to start this whole cleaning process all over again which sort of makes me sick.

Signed frustrated and confused.  I understand if we need to just close this topic until I find a program that works.  :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 cbcac

cbcac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

I ran all of the basic scans again and it didn't find anything.  Hum...

#33 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Lets get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Include this link bac to this topic...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617653/computer-acting-strange-help-please/page-3#entry4037655

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users