Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones Vs. Earbuds?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Z123Killer

Z123Killer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Earbuds- JVC Gumy Plus ($10)

Headphones- Sony MDR-ZX100 ($20)

Which should I buy? And do you have any other recommendations in the price range?

(Don't base your decision off of portability) 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 18 June 2016 - 05:22 PM.
Two topics on same question merged.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Headphones because they are more comfortable, have better sound, and are overall much better, especially if you don't care about portability.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

Headphones because they are more comfortable, have better sound, and are overall much better, especially if you don't care about portability.

Is the pair I listed any good?

#4 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Are the Sony MDR-ZX100 headphones a decent pair for watching YouTube and listening to music?

#5 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

For a cheap pair they are not bad at all I had them before a a backup set of headphones.

#6 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

For a cheap pair they are not bad at all I had them before a a backup set of headphones.

Should I get them or should I get the JVC Gumy Plus in ear earbuds instead?

#7 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, Sony products are pretty reliable. I have a set of Sony headphones in the same price range as what you are looking at and have had them for a few years, absolutely no problems.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#8 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

depends on if you prefer in ear or on ear TBH

#9 Z123Killer

Z123Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

depends on if you prefer in ear or on ear TBH

It doesn't really matter to me I just want the one that sounds the best

#10 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

Not a well known make, but some of the Superlux headphones are well rated for their very low cost, for example these - http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_270782.html?wid=8 (those particular ones are re-badged by pro audio company Presonus and sold as low end studio headphones).

7sbvuf-6.png

#11 jforst

jforst

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:07 AM

Try in-ear earphones. Because it provides excellent noise isolation.

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:27 PM

IMO...earbuds are not even close...to equalling the sound quality of an inexpensive pair of headphones from a known headphone manufacturer.  IMO, earbuds are a gimmick, designed to provide minimal protability to all those hung up on rap and other non-music.

Earphones are better made, provide better acoustics...hands down, either on the go or just sitting and relaxing.

I have about 8 pairs of earbuds lying around...including a pair of Sennheisers.  I prefer even the most inexpensive headphones, be they Sony, Sennheiser, whatever.

One thing I've noticed...earbuds never reflect documented performance data (range, sensitivity) while that's standard fare for any set of headphones.  I think that there's a reason for that.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 October 2016 - 03:27 PM.

#13 BattIefists

BattIefists

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

IMO...earbuds are not even close...to equalling the sound quality of an inexpensive pair of headphones from a known headphone manufacturer.  IMO, earbuds are a gimmick, designed to provide minimal protability to all those hung up on rap and other non-music.

Earphones are better made, provide better acoustics...hands down, either on the go or just sitting and relaxing.

I have about 8 pairs of earbuds lying around...including a pair of Sennheisers.  I prefer even the most inexpensive headphones, be they Sony, Sennheiser, whatever.

One thing I've noticed...earbuds never reflect documented performance data (range, sensitivity) while that's standard fare for any set of headphones.  I think that there's a reason for that.

Louis

I fully agree with what hamluis said.

#14 ChelseaWard

ChelseaWard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

I would go for headphones over ear buds any day. More comfortable and better sound.

#15 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

In my opinion a good headset transofrms your listening experience considerably. I regularly game, listen to music, and watch Blue Ray's on my PC, and earbuds don't come remotely close to my headset and i have both as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users