Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee blocked a connection via Skype from Algeria?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 worriedmelon

worriedmelon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

The IP address is Telecom Algeria but I got a McAfee popup like this:

http://imgur.com/2LB0898

Should I be scared? Is someone trying to hack my very little known Skype? Do I have Malware? I am so concerned. I've tried having a look around and some people say it's Skype client itself but I'm so unsure. I was about to use MWB to scan and it had been disabled so I've reinstalled it. What do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cemdata

cemdata

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

It's always worrisome when MWB gets disabled and requires a fresh install.  Usually, I find some kind of nastiness lurking in the depths but sometimes not.  Nothing worse than having to wait for the other shoe to drop.  I'm deep in battle right now with a Ransomware attack, and although I have all the files decrypted, and everthing working as it should, I still get the ransom note recurring from time to time.  So I know there's some subversive activity, but the re-installed MWB, having disposed of the original trojan, can't find the lurker.  

I'd employ every anti-virus app that you have, and maintain extra due diligence.  It might be nothing, but I wouldn't assume that with 100% confidence.

#3 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

You could post a query here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

#4 worriedmelon

worriedmelon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

It's always worrisome when MWB gets disabled and requires a fresh install.  Usually, I find some kind of nastiness lurking in the depths but sometimes not.  Nothing worse than having to wait for the other shoe to drop.  I'm deep in battle right now with a Ransomware attack, and although I have all the files decrypted, and everthing working as it should, I still get the ransom note recurring from time to time.  So I know there's some subversive activity, but the re-installed MWB, having disposed of the original trojan, can't find the lurker.  

I'd employ every anti-virus app that you have, and maintain extra due diligence.  It might be nothing, but I wouldn't assume that with 100% confidence.

oh gosh, that sounds awful! I hope it ends soon. Is there ever a possibility it's been disabled by updates or other things? I do have McAfee running alongside it as well as Windows stuff. I have done thorough scans and cleans in the last few months but better safe than sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users