I made a new build with an APU (no graphics card), and when I powered it up the fans started spinning and the LEDS were working, but there was no POST or display. So what I did was replace the APU with a weaker one (A6 6400k) and it was able to startup. While I was on the OS, I installed all the drivers and updated the BIOS. Then when I swapped out the APU back to the one that wasn't working, I got 3 beeps which is supposed to imply that the RAM may be bad, but this makes no sense because I only get this error with the APU that isn't working. Anyways, I tried re-seating the RAM, using a different slot, and using different RAM entirely, but I was still getting 3 beeps.
Here's the build:
- AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Masscool 5T568S1H3 33.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
- MSI A68HI AC (motherboard)
- G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
- Patriot Blaze 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
- Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case
- EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
I should mention that I was only using 1 stick of RAM during these tests as well.