Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install Photoshop 7 on Windows 10 64bit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teddy326

teddy326

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

My Photoshop 7 installed fine on a Windows 10 32bit computer that had been upgraded from Win7.

Setup.exe would not complete when trying to do the same thing on Windows 10 64Bit.

32bit installer was running in Task Manager but doing nothing.

Apparently it is possible to convert the machine between 64bit and 32bit but that would involve reloading everything (I thought).

Found the solution here by IdleMartin.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2018880

There was only one 64bit process holding up setup.exe and now my old photoshop program runs on Windows 10 machines running either 32bit or 64bit.

Briefly, Task Manager, process Details, Analyse Wait Chain for Setup.exe

Edited by hamluis, 11 October 2016 - 05:22 PM.
Moved from Business Apps to Graphics Design - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ralph0088

ralph0088

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

good info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users