Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it my CPU or my GPU?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrDerp

MrDerp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

Hello, so about a month ago i was using a gtx 980ti gpu until it broke or i should say has some problems with it which didnt allow it to run when i installed drivers. anywho after it broke i pulled apart my PC and gave it a dust clean ( i had accidently forcefully removed my CPU as it was stuck the the liquid cooler heatsink and i wasnt able to move the needle (which you move to insert cpu and remove) I got a new GPU a R9 380 put my CPU back in as well as the new GPU turn my PC on all the fans power up and the GPU turns on as well, however i dont get any signal on my monitor linked through HDMI which the cord. I would like to know if the problem lies in my CPU? i put my old GPU in and i was receiving no signal as well on the monitor. I use a 750w power supply which is more than enough. I have also taken out the ram and put it back in as well as the battery, other than that i have no clue please halp!!  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

Note that R9 380 cards require 2 x 6-pin power connectors directly from the PSU (the 380X requires 1 x 6-pin plus 1 x 8-pin). Did you ensure you connected the extra power leads?

And while 750W should be plenty, that assumes the PSU is working properly. Whenever troubleshooting hardware, I always ensure I have good power being fed to the components first by swapping in a known good PSU.

You might also try DVI and see if that works. HDMI just has not proven as dependable in computer applications as expected.

kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gifWindows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
───────────────────────

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users