Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

avg flagging a threat every time I scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 midnightdreams

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:48 PM

I just did a factory reset on my pc due to some serious malfunctions caused by a nine-year-old. All well and good. I only downloaded Ninite downloader, Advanced System Care, and HijackThis (along with some add-on programs available from the asc toolbox) on my pc before doing a follow up scan to make sure no pests followed me into the fresh OS. Now, AVG is flagging various svchost.exe processes as multiple generic trojan infections. I can do back to back scans and something pops up, something different, every time. The last one was a generic37.bgxl.dropper at svchost.exe 5176. I'm thoroughly confused. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to take a look for me, before my bank account gets drained or someone logs into my facebook and messes up my GoTA? You all are awesome, thank you for your time and attention. Just let me know what you need from me. I don't wish to attach useless logs and inundate you with things you don't need.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 karentaliesin

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

well i am hoping someone answers you, as i have exact same issues going on, and looking for answers too....

regards Karen

#3 Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,288 posts
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

Hi midnightdreams :)

Can you provide us the AVG log where the detections occurs?

Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users