Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My motherboard gives three beeps and nothing displays

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nav2684

nav2684

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

Hi, I have a desktop which has DH61BF mobo and 4gb RAM. Whenever I pres the power button it gives 3 beeps and then nothing displays in the monitor. I think it is mobo or ram issue but still I am not sure. Plzz help me out. Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

Have check whether assembling the motherboard right? When there ram issue then it will show no signal in monitor. Try to fill new paste on cpu.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 795 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

Three beeps is a memory error.  Turn it off and either reseat the memory or try one module at a time to test.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005473.html

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#4 nav2684

nav2684
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

I have been this desktop for the past three years. It was running fine until my brother started using 3D related software. This all issues occurred after using 3d and rendering. sometime it showed blue screen and displayed a low physical memory issue.

#5 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 795 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

There is no way your brother caused a hardware problem using any software.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#6 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

If you have BSOD crashed, reset your BIOS back to default and reboot. If that doesn't stop it, you have to start testing all components 1x1 to find the cause; that includes the power supply, reseating the video card (if you have a separate card), and DavisMcCarn's post above among others. I'm not sure what your brother was doing with 3D software, but if he was trying to run some kind of game or something, and if your computer is not set up for that, it can cause crashes and system corruptions. You can try SFC /SCANNOW command from an elevated CMD prompt, if there are corrupted system files that might help.

Edited by ranchhand_, 15 June 2016 - 12:11 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users