Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can i reset my Aol password?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aelina

aelina

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

Hi friends,

My AOL password has been lost so can anyone suggest me how can I reset my AOL mail password.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

On the log on screen, click "Forget Password?" and go through the prompts. See here for more info. If you have trouble, you can also try calling them, however be wary of up-sell. AOL is now a "ID Protection" firm and use their email customers as possible clientele for bad bloatware IMO. 

AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

@ aelina #1

Note that the phone number supplied by Trikein is a US phone number, not a UK one and I am not sure even that AOL in the UK is the same company as AOL in the USA. I know that TalkTalk obtained the rights to AOL in the UK a few years ago but I don't know if they still own them.

When you go to log-in to your AOL account, to the right and below the password box is a link 'Forgot password'. The simplest thing to do is to click on that and follow the prompts. It is likely that you will be e-mailed a temporary password and you will have a limited amount of time to log-in using that password. Once you have logged in you can change your password to whatever you want.

There is a UK phone number :-  0808-234-9279 (Mon-Sun 8AM-12AM), since I too use AOL e-mail I hve just taken that off their 'Help' page.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 parasush

parasush

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:41 AM

Hey, AOL gives you option to add backup email and phone number at the time of registration. If in case you loose your password, you can able to getit back through one piece of information you've provided either phone number or backup email address.  To reset your password, you need to visit the AOL password rest link and fill out the needed information in order to get new password. 

For more information and help, visit this website http://visihow.com/How_to_Reset_your_AOL_password

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users