Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOW TO MAKE DESKTOP SHORTCUT FOR START MENU FILE

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

Since the administrator cruelly deleted my first attempted post, if somebody knows how to create a keyboard shortcut for a start menu tile in 
windows 10, please enlighten me.    44 guy

Mod Edit: both your posts were visible for some time and other members reported the double posting. Since this has been responded to, it's now the only one. (by moderator Platypus)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 June 2016 - 10:07 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion to Window 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Creating a keyboard shortcut

1. Right-click the desktop shortcut, and then click Properties.
  2. On the Shortcut tab, click in the Shortcut Key box.
  3. Press the keyboard combination that you want to use to start the program. The shortcut combination must consist of one character (a letter, number, or symbol) plus at least two of the following three keys: CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT.
  4. Click OK

Here For Source

Edited by TheTripleDeuce, 14 June 2016 - 08:58 PM.

#3 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

Creating a keyboard shortcut

1. Right-click the desktop shortcut, and then click Properties.
  2. On the Shortcut tab, click in the Shortcut Key box.
  3. Press the keyboard combination that you want to use to start the program. The shortcut combination must consist of one character (a letter, number, or symbol) plus at least two of the following three keys: CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT.
  4. Click OK

Here For Source

Thank you Triple Deuce, for the Source reference, where I was able to get the complete article. It worked great!

By the way, your name reminds me of my 1961 Chevy Impala bubble top coupe with 3 deuces on a 348 ci engine making 280 hp.

Had 4/11 gears and it moved out well. Believe it or not, my Dad let me buy the car as a family car and let me take it to school every day.  What a guy, God Bless his Soul. Be good to your kids, Triple Deuce!  44 guy

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

happy to help :)

#5 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

happy to help :)

Triple Deuce (name reminds me of my muscle car days!):
Perhaps I can prevail upon you to advise me with something else.     I am
running Windows 10 on an Asus Lap top.

Although I clean the computer disk regularly and although I have recently
used AVG Tune Up to make the start up quicker and eliminate some excess
files, I have not been able to solve a really slow loading of Google Chrome
and GMail.

Is Windows 10 deliberately interfering with Google Chrome in one of
Microsoft's many nefarious schemes?

I note that in G Mail, there are 2 loading options on the screen. One of
them is for "slower systems" and that is highlighted.  I cannot figure out
how to change that setting, but that would only affect G Mail and not
Google Chrome itself,

Any ideas of why Google won't load "as fast'' as they advertise and like it used to?

I have tried loading an update of Google, but it did not help.  This seems to have started after I, in a spurt of crass stupidity,

allowed Windows 10 to install on my computer. Any advice would be appreciated.  44 Guy

#6 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

when it comes to chrome im not really sure I tend to avoid browsers made by a data mining company like google so I tend to stick to firefox, the best option I cant think of is uninstall google chrome with www.geekuninstaller.com reboot pc then reinstall it and see if that helps

short of that ive got nothing

#7 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

when it comes to chrome im not really sure I tend to avoid browsers made by a data mining company like google so I tend to stick to firefox, the best option I cant think of is uninstall google chrome with www.geekuninstaller.com reboot pc then reinstall it and see if that helps

short of that ive got nothing

TripleDeuce, Okay, sounds reasonable.  As to Google being a "data mining company", what company isn't? That's why I don't go on Facebook - I can't allow my client's matters to be mined by that notorious site.  Microsoft is also a huge data mining company.

As to Mozilla, I use that browser also frequently, but I don't like the Thunderbird e mail companion.

The real solution is to purchase an Apple, which I intend to do as soon as I accumulate the bucks.

Thanks for everything, Triple Deuce.  44 Guy

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

Anyone who thinks that Apple wasn't ahead of the data mining game on Microsoft hasn't used an Apple product in a very long time.

The kind of data collected to use Siri is similar to that collected to use Cortana, for starters.  

If one wants "old fashioned" privacy then staying out of cyberspace is a requirement.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#9 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

this is why I disable cortana and jailbroke my iphone to disable siri lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users