Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps Crashing when idle....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dusabrive

dusabrive

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

I own a Dell desktop that runs Windows 7 Home premium with 4 GBs of ram;  Whenever I leave the computer idle for  more than 10 or 15 minutes, or if I attempt to put it to sleep, it crashes.  I've changed my virus software, made sure there were no physical obstructions, ensured that the fan was clean and the pc wasn't overheating, I've monitored the cpu performance etc with the resource monitor, run maleware bytes, ran a disk scan, updated all software and drivers, disabled extensions and plug-ins, reduced the number of programs that I've installed to just a handful and I've performed a clean install of Windows 7 with no success;  Can anyone please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

can you post your event viewer logs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users