Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Burning A Cd Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dcanoli

dcanoli

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

Okay, this is going to sound SO elementary, but apparently, it's NOT because I've been sitting at my computer for over 2 hours trying to solve it on my own! :thumbsup:

A friend asked me to burn a CD for her of various songs from other CDs....okay, easy enough, right?

I ripped the songs from the CDs (everything done thru Media Player) to my PC. Then, I made a playlist and put them in the correct order of how she wanted them burned.

Hit the burn button....CD done and burned. Easy enough (again), right? Well, guess what?

Two hours later....this is what I have---the software keeps burning the songs in the order of the ORIGINAL TRACK NUMBERS (from their respective CDs). YIKES! :flowers:

Why is it not burning them in the order I specified? I read through all the Help documentation w/in the program itself, and it says it should burn in the order specified.

Does anyone know why it's not? BTW...I tried to use my Sony Nero software too, and it did the exact same thing!!

Is there anyway to overwrite the track numbers so it won't order that way or what other options do I have? Thanks

Edited by dcanoli, 10 August 2006 - 01:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

You could convert them to mp3's and try removing the track numbers with an ID3 tag editor.
Here are some of the free ones I found at SnapFiles:
Mp3Tag
ID3 renamer
ID3-TagIT
eags on!
MP3-Info Extension
MP3BookHelper

There are more, but this is where I quit looking. :thumbsup:
Here's the complete list where I found these:
Misc. MP3 Tools (Freeware)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users