Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help about Rising Antivirus Program with the Rstray.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bulldozerbravo

bulldozerbravo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

Hello sirs/ma'am.

I recently having a problem on how to remove/uninstall this Rising antivirus Program with the Rstray.exe. I sure do know that i didnt install or download this program. To my surprise, it was already there. I tried to search the file location and when i located it, i found out that there was no uninstall of this anti virus. This antivirus is like written in Chinese Language that i cant understand..

Please, I need some of your advance help and advice.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

rstray.exe is part of Rising Antivirus developed by Beijing Rising Information Technology...see here.

Rising Information Technology is legit and there is a Rising Support website but it is only in Chineese.

According to their former English website.

We will terminate the Rising official English website, including website information, purchase and renew services and online technical support as from September 09, 2013.....you may call customer service (8610) 82678800 or 4006608866 (toll-free) for further help.

The correct way to remove most Anti-virus programs is from within its program group Uninstall shortcut in Start Menu > All Programs or by using Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel.

If it's not listed there, the next step would be to open Window's Explorer, manually navigate to the program's folder itself, look for an uninstaller file (i.e. uninstall.exe) and double-click on it to run. In other cases you may have to launch the antivirus setup (installation) file and in the menu there may be options listed to Reinstall, Repair, or Remove (uninstall).

Alternatively, you can use a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable and follow these instructions for using it. Revo provides a listing of all installed software by installation date and when removing a program, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.

Sometimes the uninstall works more effectively if you first stop and disable the program's service (and associated processes in Task Manager) or perform the removal in safe mode so there are less processes which can interfere with the uninstallation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users