Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse playing up in windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 confusedoldy

confusedoldy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

I have just installed windows 10 on my Toshiba satellite c50 laptop and am now having problem with laser Microsoft mouse. I play simple games such as Microsoft solitaire, mah-jong and card games in Royal Games. No problem in  windows 8.1 but now I click to turn a card over and sometimes two go, I click on card to move it and I cant put it down, I click to highlight a game piece and have to click again but harder. I have checked mouse out completely and nothing is wrong with it and as I said it worked fine on windows 8.1. Not being technically minded I could do with some help please.  :scratchhead:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

confusedoldy,

Windows 10 has been notoriously more finicky about device drivers than the versions of Windows that came before it.  The first thing I'd do is update the device driver (and settings software if they're bundled) for your mouse.

If this mouse was supplied with your machine then the first place to check is the machine manufacturer's support pages under drivers & downloads for your specific model.  There is almost certain to be a newer device driver there.

If it was not, then I would check the support pages of the mouse manufacturer for the specific mouse you're working with.

If doing a driver update does not fix your problem then please report back afterward with what, if any, behavior changes it might have induced.  If it does fix it, please let us know.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 confusedoldy

confusedoldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

Thank you for your reply, Britech guy. I bought the Microsoft Sculpt mobile mouse separately from laptop and according to Microsoft mouse and keyboard centre everything is up to date. I have found details of mouse on line and it states that it is only for windows 8.1 and before, so I guess I will have to buy a new mouse or uninstall windows 10 and go back to using 8.1

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

I would not be so fast.  Download the driver for Windows 8.1 and reinstall it, preferably uninstalling the current driver first before doing so.

Certain things don't necessarily "carry over" gracefully during Win10 upgrades.  It's worth taking an incremental approach.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users