Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New laptop stutters

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yvonnars

yvonnars

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

I got a new laptop from newegg that arrived on Sunday June 12th. It's this one: ASUS FZ50VW-NS51 Gaming Laptop 6th Generation Intel Core i5 6300HQ (2.30 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2 GB GDDR5 15.6" Windows 10 Home 64-Bit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834890015&turntocatitmid=2701588&turntosku=N82E16834890015&turntoqid=S0cCYkgeag&turntouid=T0kAb08Xaw&turntoaid=SUAEYkkcZQ&turntoQuestionId=1768018&turntoAnswerId=3008137&turntoEmailType=answerNotification&turntoflow=answerview#turntodone

I did the windows update and installed AKT and smart gesture drivers from Asus website (keyboard light wasn't turning on and couldn't scroll on the trackpad). I noticed that when I play games, the computer stutters really often, but only lasts for a second or so. It happens when I run league on medium high settings, and Don't Starve Together (which shouldn't stutter at all imo). What could be causing the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks

Edit: The operating system is installed on the SSD and games are on harddrive. 

Edited by yvonnars, 14 June 2016 - 02:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powernub

powernub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

It might be due to the 5400 RPM Hard drive. Try installing a game onto the SSD and see if it still stutters. I bet it wont anymore.

If that fixes the problem...consider upgrading the HD to a 7200RPM HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users